25-6 vs 5-6

Trying to decide between the two. Would really appreciate any opinions or pics of the two. Especially pics. It would be strictly a self defense knife. I have ordered both of my sons the 1-7. But I like a shorter knife and am not a fan of the double hilt. Thank y’all for your time.

Here are photos of mine...they're the 5" models. My comment/opinion is that if strictly for self defense I would go with the longest blade, sharpened top edge and double hilt. Mine are/were for hunting/camping.
Z1tsxSF.jpg

Here are photos of mine...they're the 5" models. My comment/opinion is that if strictly for self defense I would go with the longest blade, sharpened top edge and double hilt. Mine are/were for hunting/camping.
Z1tsxSF.jpg
Thank you for taking the time. I’ve been leaning towards the 25, but I like the blade on the 5 a lot better. Especially looking at your pic. I don’t disagree with you on the double hilt, and I ain’t no knife fighter, but I just don’t think it’s what I want.

The model 1 can be ordered with a5 inch blade and single hilt. My preference is the Commando shaped handle.

Have you seen the sergeant model ?

The model 1 can be ordered with a5 inch blade and single hilt. My preference is the Commando shaped handle.

Have you seen the sergeant model ?
I didn’t know that. But I prob wouldn’t go that route. And no I haven’t seen the sergeant, or at least don’t recollect it. Will look at it. Thanks.

The Model #1 with a single hilt is a butt-ugly variant, IMO. I’ve owned several that came in collections I purchased and couldn’t get rid of them fast enough.

Back