1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

26C3 Kitchen Petty Hamon (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by samuraistuart, Jul 8, 2019.

1. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    This is the latest knife from the bench! A kitchen petty knife made from 26C3 high carbon steel (similar to Hitachi White # 1), differentially hardened, polished, and etched to show off the hamon. The close-up photo shows the pattern of "carbide banding", which really looks cool and gives the blade a unique appearance that photography just can't capture. The final hardness after tempering is 63HRC, and the blade was polished to 1500 grit prior to the hamon etching cycles. The blade was given a full flat grind (those that know me know that I am into thin blades and edge geometries at high hardness levels), and a distal taper to tip. While the blade is thin, it does not have much flex to it. The handle is made from black G10 and walnut. I absolutely love petty knives. They're just the right size for most of what I do in the kitchen as a home cook. The steel is excellent for kitchen knives, as it gets VERY hard, has good edge retention, but is easy to sharpen. Japanese knife makers and chefs love their White steel because of those very reasons. You'll love it too! It's a great looking knife that feels great in the hand, and would be a nice addition to your collection, or if you don't have a collection, start one now!

OAL: 10 3/4"
    Blade: 6"
    Handle: 4 3/4"
    Height at heel: 1 3/8"
    Thickness: 0.075"
    Steel: 26C3 63HRC
    Edge: 13° per side, 0.005" prior to sharpening

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asking price is only SOLD This includes a felt-lined plastic edge guard and free shipping anywhere in the USA! Paypal preferred ([email protected]). I eat the Paypal fees. Thanks for taking a look, and follow me on Instagram "stuartalandavenport"

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  2. Hrimnir

Hrimnir Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Love the elegant simplicity of it. Unfortunately out of my price range but that is a beautiful piece.

3. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    Thank you!

4. timos-

timos- KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 22, 2012
    what a deal! very fine work

5. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks Tim! I think it's a great deal, too. Someone will be lucky!

6. HSC ///

HSC /// KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 7, 2012
    nice profile, well done

7. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks Harbeer! Your work and Tim's works amazes me every time.

8. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    This one is SOLD

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019