• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

26C3 Kitchen Petty Hamon (SOLD)

This is the latest knife from the bench! A kitchen petty knife made from 26C3 high carbon steel (similar to Hitachi White # 1), differentially hardened, polished, and etched to show off the hamon. The close-up photo shows the pattern of "carbide banding", which really looks cool and gives the blade a unique appearance that photography just can't capture. The final hardness after tempering is 63HRC, and the blade was polished to 1500 grit prior to the hamon etching cycles. The blade was given a full flat grind (those that know me know that I am into thin blades and edge geometries at high hardness levels), and a distal taper to tip. While the blade is thin, it does not have much flex to it. The handle is made from black G10 and walnut. I absolutely love petty knives. They're just the right size for most of what I do in the kitchen as a home cook. The steel is excellent for kitchen knives, as it gets VERY hard, has good edge retention, but is easy to sharpen. Japanese knife makers and chefs love their White steel because of those very reasons. You'll love it too! It's a great looking knife that feels great in the hand, and would be a nice addition to your collection, or if you don't have a collection, start one now!

OAL: 10 3/4"
Blade: 6"
Handle: 4 3/4"
Height at heel: 1 3/8"
Thickness: 0.075"
Steel: 26C3 63HRC
Edge: 13° per side, 0.005" prior to sharpening

ml7qCYe.jpg

EQQCW9e.jpg

PDuruXS.jpg

Asking price is only SOLD This includes a felt-lined plastic edge guard and free shipping anywhere in the USA! Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). I eat the Paypal fees. Thanks for taking a look, and follow me on Instagram "stuartalandavenport"

Last edited:
Love the elegant simplicity of it. Unfortunately out of my price range but that is a beautiful piece.

what a deal! very fine work

Back