2nd Rat Pack knife

Frankly, I think it's chicken$hit to order something and not follow through with a verbal or written obligatory request. That is, unless there is extenuating circumstances. This being said, I wonder how many Rat Pack members who requested and paid for their knives would buy a second knife if they had a chance? Should they have priority if they would indeed like to purchase a second?

You know, shit happens, and times can be hard for some of us.
So - chicken shit or not, much can happen within weeks, people lose their jobs, have their hours cut, need to have their car or roof repaired ...

It is sad, and I must say some luck and a good amount of planning went into making this possible for me. Without that luck all the planning wouldn't have helped.

And no, I don't think those who already have one should have priority, I think those who didn't have the chance to take part due to their absence when we ordered. (OK, I'm thinking of 2 specific persons there, but I'd hate to see them go without, cause they were active members of this forum well before that knife was talked about.)

You know, shit happens, and times can be hard for some of us.
So - chicken shit or not, much can happen within weeks, people lose their jobs, have their hours cut, need to have their car or roof repaired ...

It is sad, and I must say some luck and a good amount of planning went into making this possible for me. Without that luck all the planning wouldn't have helped.

And no, I don't think those who already have one should have priority, I think those who didn't have the chance to take part due to their absence when we ordered. (OK, I'm thinking of 2 specific persons there, but I'd hate to see them go without, cause they were active members of this forum well before that knife was talked about.)

I agree, things happen.

Stuff happens.

Leftovers should be first come, first serve as I believe it has been stated it will be.

Life happens, people might be able to purchase something at one time and not have the opportunity later on. Second RAT Pack knife? It's not going to happen, so no one has to worry about it. And even if it did, why would you care so much about what others do? :confused:

Woe now, hold your horses. I've sort of bitched about folks who didn't follow on their orders. However, this is twisting things to the advantage of people who completed the paid up thread. I don't think that is at all right either. If you wanted two, then you could have ordered two instead of one.

R.A.T. always maintained that the unsold knives would be offered up to Ratpackers who didn't get in on the order deal. That means the people who loose their privileges to the unsigned knives are those who ordered them already, paid or unpaid.

The folks who paid are nothing special, other than they ordered and paid. There are a tonne of folks who weren't part of the club when the order thread was closed. Let them have a chance. I'm sure that if there are remaining knives after the others have had a go at it that RAT will free up the rest for orders.

Frankly it doesn't matter what anyone THINKS we should do w/ the leftover knives. We'll do what WE want to do with the leftover knives. No need to speculate (AGAIN). An announcement will be made when a decision is made as to when, how and to whom they are sold.

I'm not upset with anyone who didn't follow through. I have come to expect this in life from a good percentage of people. While some have legitimate reasons, a lot of them are just being regular people which means they have no real values when it comes to their word.

As stated many times in the past, this forum is more about survival mindset than it is about knives. People who don't follow through and don't have a valid reason(and that is a LOT of folks in the world) really have no use being on this forum. We are not interested in selling them any of our knives, not really interested in talking with them here on the forum. Like I said we're not looking for new customers or new RAT fans. We are looking for this forum to be an education rather than a buying experience.

I think the thing you can count on most in people is that you can't count on anyone.

We all learn something on this forum and it's not always good! Ride it out guys, it will be over soon!

This RAT Pack deal was worth it to all of those who wanted to do it, including us. To hell with the rest ;)

IMO it would be nice if circumstances come up, that those who said they wanted one at least made contact and said "Hey [such and such] happened, I'm going to have to back out." instead of just not ordering.

But, like Jeff said, there's a surprising lack of honor in some folks these days.

This RAT Pack deal was worth it to all of those who wanted to do it, including us. To hell with the rest ;)

Tell it! I'm really looking forward to getting my knife.
I was laid-off and emailed Jeff and Katie to let them know I was out.
I figured out a way to make it happen and emailed them back in a day to put me back on the list, a little trouble for them but they gladly obliged.
My last day is next Wednesday I still have not found a new job but I kept my word and my knife is paid. This is just my story and has nothing to do with anyone else. Everyone has their own reasons for what they have done and my circumstances has nothing to do with anyone but me. My word is held as a contract in my eyes. Im not without fault, I can be a real ass. Just ask Tony or Jeff. The funny thing is this, usually you have to own a knife for a while before you have stories to tell, memories that replay everytime you grip it. This will be the exception, knife comes prepacked with stories to tell memories to remember and some things to just keep quiet and ponder.

PS: one thing is for sure the knife will outlast all the BS that preceeds it!

We have zero problems with anyone not taking their knife due to financial hardships. You were honorable and emailed us and we said no problem. Glad things worked out for you though. Hope you find a new job real soon also!

another point to be added is that if a person HAS a RP Knife and needs to Sale it Talk with Me or MR/Mrs.Shotgunner and we will sale it here to a RP member who missed out and not for a profit it will be sold for the original asking price plus shipping and if we see a RP knife for sale here or another forum/ebay then your RP# could be suspended. This was done as a Thank you not for profit.

That is why I didn't order. I worked really hard to get the posts in and become a RAT Pack Member, which I am proud to be.

My mom had several medical problems at once and was rushed to the hospital three different times. My wife's daughter is sick again and we are helping her take care of her two daughters, she is still recoving from radiation and a major surgery she had, during that time her husband was laid off (like so many others) for almost 4 months.

Thank God he is working again and my mom is out of the hospital, but things happen sometimes, again, that is why I did not place my order, I really wanted to but had too many other finanical commitments.

Frankly, I think it's chicken$hit to order something and not follow through with a verbal or written obligatory request. That is, unless there is extenuating circumstances. This being said, I wonder how many Rat Pack members who requested and paid for their knives would buy a second knife if they had a chance? Should they have priority if they would indeed like to purchase a second?

We all already had a chance at two, and they've mentioned a couple times now what they're doing with the leftovers.

I am one also who did not purchase sorry for not committing. I've had some health problems and recently started taking care of my brother which is having multiple seizures a day and can not walk at the moment. Sorry for not following through. I haven't even posted in a couple of months due to this situation. I'm not trying to get sympathy just want to extend an apology.

I am one also who did not purchase sorry for not committing. I've had some health problems and recently started taking care of my brother which is having multiple seizures a day and can not walk at the moment. Sorry for not following through. I haven't even posted in a couple of months due to this situation. I'm not trying to get sympathy just want to extend an apology.

Completely understand and thanks for the post. I truly hope your brother gets better and send my best wishes.

Jeff

Back