3 finger EDC...Like a razor.

Well here's the latest.

The knife is done other than putting my name on it. (waiting for stencils to come in mail). I'm going to make a sheath for it today (hopefully). Any suggestions for a sheath style?

I made the tip fine for intricate tasks while I left the back of the edge a little thicker in case something a little tougher needs to be cut such as speaker wire or whatever. I basically distally tapered the thickness of the edge as well as the back of the blade. For such a small knife it feels very controlled in the hand.

Like a razor. :eek:
Heat treat by Paul Bos.
Approx 60 HRC
3/32" thick S60V
2 3/16" blade from front of bolster
416 SS bolster with 6 -3/32" ss pins.
hand rubbed finish
5 3/8" OAL
ironwood full tang handle with filework on back

Mike Coughlin :cool:

(there is now a pic of the sheath I made for it.)

Sheath - really depends on who will be using the blade. My favorite for this size blade has been either horizontal cross-draw, or a light sheath with a clip that can be worn in the pocket or clipped to a belt.

I'll second the horizontal cross draw design. Another option might be a flat pancake style sheath (with belt loops) allowing for both pocket & belt carry.

ps. I really like the knife !!! Nice work.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Still debating the sheath though. Cross draw is nice but with such a small blade I don't trust a loop and snap enough to hold the knife securely in the sheath. Maybe from kydex though. This one however is going to be a leather sheath. Hmmmmm.... :cool:
Mike

Back