• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

#3 Toothpick

Les Voorhies

BANNED
I'm just getting started on slip joints, For many years i've admired custom slips but I thought they looked like too much of a head ache to make (i wasnt too far off). These 1st ones i'm making will have non traditional handle materials until i get more comfortable with making them, also I've started making them with only one bolster but I'm ready to start making them with doubles from now on, the soldering is not as hard as I thought it would be.

Specs:

Blade - 3" x .097 CPM154 flat ground
Handle - 304 dovetailed bolsters (soldered) w/carbon fiber scales
Spring - CPM154
Closed - 4.2"
Open - 7.2"

Price - SOLD $250 shipped (Paypal users please include fee)

Thanks for looking

slip3.jpg

That is very nice. I love the dovetailed bolsters.

That's a great looking knife, Les. I'm surprised no one snapped it up as soon as you posted it.

Thanks guys

I think there are a lot more people making them now so the market might be a little flooded. Keith Johnson and I started messing with them almost exactly at the same time, out of the blue like they were calling us (so they could torture us).

That's a really nice knife Les. Hearing that you are going to be making slip joints is some of the most exciting knife news I've heard in a long time. Toothpicks aren't my style so I'm hoping you'll take your experiment further.

Toothpicks aren't my style so I'm hoping you'll take your experiment further.

Whenever I looked at the toothpicks Ken Coats makes, thats what i thought i'd make if I made slips, i don't know why they trip my trigger but they do :) The other pattern i'm working on is a doctors knife, I have a few orders for those so maybe people like them better, thats the pattern i'll use for my 1st multi blade.

Here's a picture of #2

slip2.jpg

BTW if it wasnt for Mr. Johnson there I would have given up by now :D He went and visited Doc Hagan and picked Ken's brain by phone and then passed on what he learned to me.

Hi Les, Nice knives. I still like the serpentine shape of toothpicks. Thanks for comments and I look forward to seeing you guys in Janesville. Ken

Les, Very nice knife. I did hear a rumor about a slip joint but I didn't get to see it before you left when I saw you last. Keep up the good work.

Ooops! i forgot to mark theis one as sale final.

SOLD

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll see some of you in Janesville in a week :)

Back