3 very different micarta kukris

Kailash Blades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
If you've been following our work for a while you'll probably know that we've been making our own micarta for a while now. With every custom order that needs something a little different our output is getting more visually consistent and our skill level is improving which is allowing us to put out some very unique knives that just haven't been seen out of Nepal before.

1st up- Jungle Scourge

This scourge kukri is just sick. Raw forge finish on the flats, sharpened back edge and our best forest camo micarta yet. Nice and grippy but still with a lot of clarity and depth plus a great overall colour and pattern. These are still super popular despite being such an old design and being able to do something like this really freshens them up.

full

2nd- Exotic Display Angkhola

Our first knife to feature a desert camo micarta handle on a full tang and it's looking beautiful. We might modify it a bit further down the line to be a tad higher contrast and get some better blotchy style patterning to it. Right now though the current look of flat, rusty orange exotic wood pairs beautifully with the copper hardware and the contrasting acid wash. The hamon bringing out the beauty of the steel really is the cherry on top for this gorgeous 13" Ek Chirra Angkhola khukuri.

full

3rd- Workhorse Hi Vis Panawal

Orange is such a great colour for a knife handle. It's practical, hard working and utilitarian but also is pretty intense and flashy. Good for display or for keeping track of your knife in the dark or deep scrub. Steel hardware, full tang and a satin finish really seals the deal on this no nonsense working 13" panawal kukri.
Maybe Orange really is the new black?

full

The funny thing is all these combinations of fit and finish aren't even custom. Every option is standard on the website and readily available to everyone.
Hope lockdown is treating you all well and you're taking care of those around you.
Big love,
Andrew and the team at Kailash Blades

They sound nice....any chance we get to see the pictures....looks like they didn’t take when you posted.

They sound nice....any chance we get to see the pictures....looks like they didn’t take when you posted.
I think the issue must be on your end mate, I can see them here and also when I'm on a private window and not logged in.
Links are here
https://www.bladeforums.com/media/scourge-kukri-with-forest-camo-micarta.8714/full?d=1594305125
https://www.bladeforums.com/media/b...splay-angkhola-khukuri.8813/full?d=1595005354
https://www.bladeforums.com/media/workhorse-full-tangl-khukuri-with-micarta.8812/full?d=1595005354

no pictures for me either and I'd love to see them. Pretty sure I will be spending some money with your company in the near future.

Those look great!

I wouldn’t mind getting one of these one day.

Keep the pics and updates coming! Good stuff!

no pictures for me either and I'd love to see them. Pretty sure I will be spending some money with your company in the near future.

Huh. Very strange. Did the direct links I posted work for you?

Those look great!

I wouldn’t mind getting one of these one day.

Keep the pics and updates coming! Good stuff!

Thanks mate! we've got some real cool blades in the works coming up. Did you manage to see the images embedded in the top post or did you have to click the direct links?
Take care,
Andrew

Back