300 SN Flipper

How popular is this knife? It looks cool, and I am sure it is built like all Banchmades are, which is great. But why do you not hear a lot about them? Are they going to be a "one year wonder"? On their way out?

What is the consensus? Just curious more than anything.

I handled one at Blade Show and they are pretty neat. Kinda a big small knife feel. It feels bigger than the specs. Great flipping action and great lock. It's a little wide but that provided a good purchase in hand for me. I like it but I'm sure there are people that don't, just like anything. You really have to handle one to know if you'll like it or not.

I went in to a local store that carries a few benchmades. I had decided that I was going to buy a 586 mini-barrage and wanted to see if they had any in stock. No 586's but they did have a 585 so I was able to get a good feel for what a 586 would be like. I handles a few of the other knives they had in stock. I really liked the 300. So much so that I ended up not ordering a 586 and ordered a 300 instead. Should be here tomorrow.

Let me be more clear. I like the looks of them, and I am sure they are of the quality we all have come to expect from BM. I am thinking about getting one, I just wondered why they dont seem to get much airtime so to speak.

Well, the complaints I have heard are:
to fat
to wide
to heavy
it's a tweener, not really a small knife and not really a big knife
it's ugly
the mechanics of the axis lock don't make for a good flipper

Personally I think it is a good looking knife. I really don't care if it is a flipper or not. It is kind of an overbuilt small knife. I love the ergonomics, the feel and the look of the knife.

I think that the 300SN is really ugly. I feel that they did a really bad job at the patterning on the G10, they should have left the axis lock out, and they should have made the knife longer.

I really like Spyderco's flipper, I really like the ZT 0561, but I hate the 300SN. I think it is a flop for Benchmade, and probably just going to be a "one year wonder." I was really looking forward to Benchmade releasing their flipper, but I was really disappointed when I saw it revealed. I wish that they would made a framelock flipper or at least "un-squished" the knife a little bit. The 300 just looks like someone took a nice knife, and then squished it length-wise. Then to top it all off, they added those cheesy marks on the G10.

The 300SN is a knife I will never buy. I think Benchmade hit their prime about 3-4 years ago when they came out with the 760BK, 630, 635, 610, 615, 806...

I'm very curious about this knife. Been having an itch for a short, stout tough folder....just got a CS mini recon and it isn't doing it...

I'm going to get one but the first thing I'm going to do is take it apart and dye the scales.

Why brown Benchamde why?!?!?!?!

Im new to knife collecting but in the gun world we only have 3 colors in the rainbow. Black, OD green and dark earth. I am used to the brown I guess.

I feel that they did a really bad job at the patterning on the G10, they should have left the axis lock out, and they should have made the knife longer.

Hmmm, and all things I love. Axis lock is a must with Bm, and the patterning in person is nice and grippy. If you want a long blade there are other offerings.

I think it is a flop for Benchmade, and probably just going to be a "one year wonder."

Yeah! I get a collectors item! :) I doubt it's a one year wonder. The design and price point puts it in a good spot.

I hated the flipper and middle finger groove, so I cut off the flipper, ground little the choil and acid etched the blade, powder coated the liners black. Looks completely different now and feels much better to me.

I hated the flipper and middle finger groove, so I cut off the flipper, ground little the choil and acid etched the blade, powder coated the liners black. Looks completely different now and feels much better to me.

I'd like to see this!

I think that the 300SN is really ugly. I feel that they did a really bad job at the patterning on the G10, they should have left the axis lock out, and they should have made the knife longer.

I really like Spyderco's flipper, I really like the ZT 0561, but I hate the 300SN. I think it is a flop for Benchmade, and probably just going to be a "one year wonder." I was really looking forward to Benchmade releasing their flipper, but I was really disappointed when I saw it revealed. I wish that they would made a framelock flipper or at least "un-squished" the knife a little bit. The 300 just looks like someone took a nice knife, and then squished it length-wise. Then to top it all off, they added those cheesy marks on the G10.

The 300SN is a knife I will never buy. I think Benchmade hit their prime about 3-4 years ago when they came out with the 760BK, 630, 635, 610, 615, 806...

Have you handled one? They really do feel nice in the hand.

They feel nice, but I think it's too small and I think the flipper would function better without the axis lock. I know it's Benchmade's trademark pretty much, but it gets in the way of the flipping action. The knife just looks hideous to me.

Have you handled one? They really do feel nice in the hand.

The knife gets quite the reaction be it good or bad. I, for one, love the thing. Feels great and love the Axis.

Back