301 date question

I have a 301 Buck Knife marked as follows:
Long blade: BUCK
MADE IN
USA
On the reverse side of the Blade it is marked: 301

There are no other blade markings that I can see. The knife body has the standard 303, Stockman logo.

ANY information to help me date this knife would be very much appreciated.

TIA

That sounds like a Camillus contract knife from 1971-1974. You didn't mention if the knife has handle pins; if so
it would be 1971.

Bert

Bert, thank you for the information. Yes the handle does have 3 pins. Sorry I entered 303 above and not 301.
So is this knife not really a Buck knife?

So is this knife not really a Buck knife?
When Buck introduced their 300 series knives in the late 60s, the knives were made for Buck—first by Schrade and then by Camillus. In 1985, Buck started making four of the 300 Series models—301, 303, 305, and 309—and Camillus continued making some of the other models for several years. I think just about everyone considers those Schrade and Camillus contract knives as Buck knives. The contract knives had to meet Buck's quality standards.

When Buck introduced their 300 series knives in the late 60s, the knives were made for Buck—first by Schrade and then by Camillus. In 1985, Buck started making four of the 300 Series models—301, 303, 305, and 309—and Camillus continued making some of the other models for several years. I think just about everyone considers those Schrade and Camillus contract knives as Buck knives. The contract knives had to meet Buck's quality standards.
Thank you, sir!

Back