308 or 762 or 470 or other ZT ?

562 CF. It's my latest and it's my favorite by far.
3qJgcpc.jpeg

Last edited:
No offense intended but the 308, 740 470 don't appeal to me. So, I wouldn't suggest buying any of them

FWIW, I own about 40 ZTs and none of them are models (like those) which have been released in the past 2-3 yrs.

My preference is for the older models released around 10-15 yrs ago that (for the most part) have been discontinued but, if I were limited to only models that are still made, I'd pick the 0452.

I've got 3 of those and am still looking for certain other variations of it.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 09 21 2021 01.jpg
    09 21 2021 01.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 09 21 2021 03.jpg
    09 21 2021 03.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 09 21 2021 02.jpg
    09 21 2021 02.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 5
My main preference is 20CV
I like rather bigger folders, wide blade
Older ZTs may be better, but not readily available :^(

Like sgt1372 sgt1372 said, I also prefer the older models. I totally agree with the recommendations for the 0362ti, but my personal favorite is the 0392. They still pop up once in a bluemoon on the exchange. You can customize them to your hearts content with readily available hardware from Hinderer or other 3rd party manufacturers. They're still better than Hinderer's Eklipse IMHO. Here's mine with custom Hinderer hardware, DLC stripped blade and ceramic taco bearing system.
DkDYioZh.jpg

NE70CVsh.jpg

Like sgt1372 sgt1372 said, I also prefer the older models. I totally agree with the recommendations for the 0362ti, but my personal favorite is the 0392. They still pop up once in a bluemoon on the exchange. You can customize them to your hearts content with readily available hardware from Hinderer or other 3rd party manufacturers. They're still better than Hinderer's Eklipse IMHO. Here's mine with custom Hinderer hardware, DLC stripped blade and ceramic taco bearing system.
DkDYioZh.jpg

NE70CVsh.jpg

As usual, I agree with you :)

One of my favorite knives is the following:

i-bPWmNjW-X2.jpg

The problem these days is that the 0392 runs $500+. Not sure if the OP is comfortable with that.

Now, the 308 is in a different class, not wrt quality, etc., but size, like comparing a Hinderer Eklipse with a Fulltrack. Really depends on what the OP is looking for.

i-TxwmnLx-X2.jpg

i-N9Bbpwv-X2.jpg

Roland.

None of them. I am a bit picky here with them. They are all fine folders though:
0308 - too big, heavy, and tall, though the blade actually cuts well. The pocket clip looks cheap on such an expensive knife.
0762 - I don't like holes on the handles (they are there for no reason to me: do not look good and do not provide any function)
0470 - opening it can be tricky due to the narrow scale (fingers accidentally put on the lockbar)

I agree 0562 is one of the best production ZT ever made, actually the best IMO. 0393 is remarkably good too, with some aftermarket scales (I don't like the stock scales that create hot spots in hand). 0452 deserves to be mentioned too if you like long and slim folder, arguably the best long and slim production folder in the market.

UOMd3Qj.jpg

aBZUg5H.jpg

Last edited:
My main preference is 20CV
I like rather bigger folders, wide blade
Older ZTs may be better, but not readily available :^(
Yeah, I use to be a huge ZT fan owned couple dozen over the years, but they just make "meh" knives now - especially with all the competition. I've moved onto other brands at this point. If you want a large knife in a high end steel I would recommend the ZT 0560 it uses elmax and frankly is a much better knife than the 0562 (owned 4 of the 0562 and could never like it - sold them all... The 0562 always seemed such a paradoxical knife - in that it's a hard use/bigger knife that has terrible traction among other issues). The best ZT ever made was the ZT 0301/2/3 by far, especially if you like big knives.

Never owned the 308 or 762, I EDC a 0450 and the 0470 I prefer to carry knives in this size both have deep carry clips and are great for me, aesthetically the 0470 is the least favorite ZT I have owned but ergonomically it feels great in the hand and I like the blade. Also owned a couple of 0562's and just sold a 0393 that I had installed custom Micarta scales on, really liked them too but they are larger and heavier than I like to carry so eventually they were sold.

3soIkHy.jpg

KKbxa3C.jpg

BTW and FWIW, here's a link to photos that I posted in the following thread (Post #2919) of all of the ZTs that I currently own (sans a ZT0170 that I added later):

You can find a photo of the 0170 (together w/the other ZT fixed blades that I own) here in Post #9647. Still looking for a ZT 0180 that's "like new" for the "right" price to complete this sub-collection of ZT fixed blades.

Last edited:
DkDYioZh.jpg

NE70CVsh.jpg
Awesome đź‘Ť

Back