$39.99 Rookies, $42.99 Standards

hey all,

Just thought I let u know if you didn't know already that they are on sale at Smoky Mountain Knife right now. I grab two Rookies and they are super nice. Later

Liong

------------------

Hello Liong!

I just checked out their website, but don't see any of the Rookies or Standards on sale at their specials page.

Dan

WEB SITE!!! WHAT IS THE WEB SITE?????!!!!

Oops, pardon me, but I'm excited!!!
redface.gif

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Call their 800 number. Hold on let me get it.The number is 800-251-9306.
Standard-Plain-SPC05GP-$42.99
Standard-Serra-SPC05GS-$42.99
Rookie-Plain-SPC51GP-$39.99
Rookie-Serr-SPC51GS-$39.99

Hope this helps

Liong

------------------

I brought my SMKW catalog to work this morning with the intention to order a Standard & that's exactly what I did. $48.98 w/ shipping & handling. I spotted this deal last week & had to wait until after the Christmas Craziness to order. It's a super knife- just right.

------------------
Runs With Scissors
AKTI# A000107

[This message has been edited by Rugger (edited 30 December 1999).]

DOH! I wish I didn't have the Delica and Endura coming now! They won't take it back, as I actually sent my 710 and Native back FOR the End. and Del. This is of course assuming that they took the exchange anyway. Is it a closeout sale, or for a limited time? I REALLY want a Rookie and Police. Is the Police on sale too?

Thanks
Howie

I just made my order for the plain edge Standard. Thanks for all your help in locating this knife. The lowest price I have been quoted was $70.

------------------
Dale Richmond
AKTI Number A000949

Bought me a plain edge Rookie. BTW, SMKW has the pictures mixed up in the catalog, I'm fairly sure.

Thanks Dannyc.

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

The website sucks. I recommend that no one ever try ordering from the website. Also, for those interested, SMKW said it would be a couple weeks before I get it because of year end inventory. Go figure.

What are you talking about Disco? I placed my order last thursday and received it on Monday. That is the truth. Good luck.

Liong

------------------

AncientSUL, as for my comment about the website sucking, I'm only speaking from personal experience. I tried it once and waited for an eternity. When I called to check up, I was told that they had never recieved my order. Maybe just a one time fluke.

As for the couple week wait, I'm only telling you what I was told.

Does the Standard have a flat grind? Anyone have both and find one more comfortable or anything like that?

Thanks
Howie

Just checked the specials on the SMKW web site, and found old style Enduras for $29.99 and Rescues for $24.99.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
wink.gif

------------------

Tony King
Tulsa, OK
--------------------------------------
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes bleed the hand that uses it.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Originally posted by Howie Lintz:
Does the Standard have a flat grind? Anyone have both and find one more comfortable or anything like that?

The Standard does not have a flat grind. It is a nice hollow grind.

Both? Both what? Delica and Standard? If so, I only have the Standard, so I can't help you there. If you're talking the Police, it is entirely different (size and shape) handle. Rookie, same differences. In any case, I can't say which has the more comfortable handle. Sorry.

------------------

[This message has been edited by rockspyder (edited 01-03-2000).]

SMKW also has carbon fiber Ladybugs on sale for $29.95. They are really nice and have ATS-55 blades also.

I just ordered two Rookies and was told that it would be about two weeks. Apparently, their warehouse is closed at the moment.

The last time I ordered from them they said two weeks as well......it showed up in 3 days. I think that's just what they tell people so if it is late no one is calling up and bugging them.

------------------
Chad
pillshovel@netscape.net

"The mind is a terrible thing to taste." Al Jourgensen 1989

The Rookie is ATS-55, right? Anyone wanna trade a Rookie for $50 worth of Media Play gift cards? I don't want any videos or CD's,but I got the gift cards as presents...
smile.gif
I really am pathetically obsessed with knives!

Howie

Back