.3937201 or 0.03937201

American kids are so handicapped by the English system when dealing with folks in other countries that I take a whole week out of every first term biology class to cover metric conversions. They may not take home much biology, but they can do conversions in their sleep at the end of twelve weeks. Just my two cents........

I've done that a few times. I finally decided to roll it in to other lessons, so the process wasn't a week of me tearing my hair out.

Thanks for the machine shop pics, Yvsa. One of my goals is to take a mini class so I can mill and lathe simple stuff in aluminum. I realize it would take a lifetime to get proficient at it. IIRC, Bill had a job in aerospace for a while - anybody know if he was on the design end or the production end?

One thing that attracts me to knives is the jewel-like quality of a well-executed piece. I recently ran into this maker, certainly a master machinist:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4125941#post4125941

IIRC, Bill had a job in aerospace for a while - anybody know if he was on the design end or the production end?

Tohatchi, Bill was an Aerospace Engineer but didn't think or act like one.:thumbup: :D :cool: ;)

And that is beautiful and very precise work! Neat that it was at least partially done on a CNC! :D

Back