3v HRC Debacle

Rather than rampant negatively biased speculation, let's ask Benchmade!

@BKC Customer Service @Benchmade

Can you answer this question and shed light on this whole situation in general? It would really help with this discussion.

Maybe another question for the people still wanting to buy a basic model bailout in the future:

Do we have any way to identify pre- and post-rectification bailouts ?
Serial numbers/Batch numbers ?

Don't listen to trolls.
Don't feed the troll.
just stay on topic ideally without rose-colored glasses on rather than being obsessed with me with. ty
i never trolled, i made statements from my pov backed up with logical argumentation. a voice recorder and a big mirror would be better for you imo than a public forum where people share their opinions - like i told you before.

It's in the catalog. And if a consumer cares so much about hrc, wouldn't one only buy after those numbers are disclosed? I know that is what I would do, and have!
numbers are either pulled or still falsely advertised @ official bm-distros @ 60hrc. this piece never was at 60hrc.

Can you link to where they said it wasn't originally run low on purpose?
So, no link?
So you cannot provide a link to back up your statement that benchmade said they didn't do this on purpose. Got it.
Good to know that people still make up stuff on the internet in 2020!
it was shown in this thread, after it was shown - it was just a 'rethorical question'. thats the definition of a troll my friend.

wikipedia definition of a troll : 'a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive [..] with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses'

EDIT: knivesandtools aint a official listed bm-distro. my bad. so it seems all official listed european distros pulled the hrc numbers for this knife.

Last edited:
I sent a email to Benchmade asking the same question. Got a reply on 1/14 from Alexandria Ramsey. She said that if you send in your bailout, they will do a hardness test, and if it doesn't meet the new specs, they will replace the blade, otherwise it's 40.00 to replace the blade.

I sent a email to Benchmade asking the same question. Got a reply on 1/14 from Alexandria Ramsey. She said that if you send in your bailout, they will do a hardness test, and if it doesn't meet the new specs, they will replace the blade, otherwise it's 40.00 to replace the blade.

I sent my First Production Bailout (3V) to their Warranty Department two weeks ago and got a call today that my blade passed their HRC test.

I don’t want to say I don’t trust them, but I ordered a 2nd blade for an additional $40.. both of them will be tested upon return.

I’m kind of upset they couldn’t just replace the blade for peace of mind.

I sent my First Production Bailout (3V) to their Warranty Department two weeks ago and got a call today that my blade passed their HRC test.

I don’t want to say I don’t trust them, but I ordered a 2nd blade for an additional $40.. both of them will be tested upon return.

I’m kind of upset they couldn’t just replace the blade for peace of mind.

Benchmade has never let me keep the blade being replaced, and to my knowledge, they don't sell spare blades. Don't be too surprised if your knife arrives with the new blade installed and nothing else in the box.

Benchmade has never let me keep the blade being replaced, and to my knowledge, they don't sell spare blades. Don't be too surprised if your knife arrives with the new blade installed and nothing else in the box.

The customer service representative I spoke to said they are returning my First Production blade and providing an additional blade.

I paid for it all, so I better be getting both.

I’m just confused how a previous standard of 55-58hrc can be passable when the new standard is 60-62.

Good to be here later on to see how all evolved.

Benchmade clearly realised this was a big mistake and they amended It, since they are a great Company. And The They dit It on purpouse theory Is dead. And we can buy a good 3v knife!

Back