• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

4 bar double twist damascus made by Nick Marcelja

This damascus bar was made by Nick Marcelja. The bar is of 1084/15N20 damascus that was cut into four pieces. Two pieces were twisted clockwise and two were twisted counterclockwise. The four pieces were stacked in a square, to create a radial pattern and rewelded. Then the whole bar was twisted again and then forged into the bar pictured.

I don't know the layer count, but as you can see in the pictures, the pattern is bold and wide, so that layer count is probably in the 120 range.

The bar is approximately 18" long x 1-1/4" wide x just under 1/4" thick. You could get quite a few forged knives out of this one bar.

Price is $150.

Check, money order or paypal accepted. Please private message me or email me for paypal information. scott.ickes@timken.com

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 214
very nice. if it was 2" wide i would take

Scott
Good Finaly someone is trying to help Nick sell some steel
Anyone who is interested should grab this fast as the Price is Super cheap .. made by a guy who has pounded Damascus for 16 plus years and helped teach me how to Properly weld it and make my own Damascus .. Great Steel from a Great guy .. also Nick will make whatever size you want you just have to ask ..

Scott
Good Finaly someone is trying to help Nick sell some steel
Anyone who is interested should grab this fast as the Price is Super cheap .. made by a guy who has pounded Damascus for 16 plus years and helped teach me how to Properly weld it and make my own Damascus .. Great Steel from a Great guy .. also Nick will make whatever size you want you just have to ask ..

I agree. I spent three days last year in Nicks shop taking a forging class from him and learning the does and don'ts of forge welding as well. He is a first rate guy. He's a great teacher. I only live about a half mile from Nicks shop and drop in frequently just to talk and visit.

If you're ever over this way, give me a shout and let me know you're coming and we'll tip a beer or two at my shop as well as pestering good ole Saint Nick. ;)

Scott Here is my Number (503) 720-2185 give me a shout sometime maybe we can get together and make some spark's ...i tried to p.m - e-mail you but wasn't allowed

Hey Scott
I lost my cell with your number on it.
Could you call me at work and leave your number?
262-754-2106. Thanks. I also tried to pm or email you

Hey Scott
I lost my cell with your number on it.
Could you call me at work and leave your number?
262-754-2106. Thanks. I also tried to pm or email you

I left the message. My number is (330) 284-3103. I don't mind putting it here, since I love to talk about knives, so it doesn't matter who here knows my number! I'l be up for about two more hours, so call me if you read this in time. It's 9:45 PST right now.

Back