• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

4 knives for Bob (Big Biscuit) - ALL GONE, THANKS!

glennbad

Knife Moddin' Fool
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Bob is such a great member of the BF family, specifically the Traditionals subforum. He is quick with an encouraging word, deed, or advice, and a friend to many. He's dealing with some very difficult medical issues. I can't do anything to help him with that, but maybe we can help with some of the financial burden he is dealing with. For my part, I am putting up 4 knives at this time.

I think I have priced them accordingly to sell. Of course, if you want to pay more than the sale price for this great cause, that is up to you. All proceeds go directly to Bob, and I will forward his paypal address to the buyer(s). I'd like to do that payment as Friends & Family if possible. I am making nothing on the sale.

First "I'll take it" will have precedence, but prompt communication and payment is expected.

Now, on to the knives...

First up is an AG Russell Cowboy Soddie. Approx. 3 5/8" closed. Knife is new in box, only taken out to look at. It lists for $30, I'll let it go for $SPF

Next is this Northfield 613210. The knife is USED. I think it used to have etches on the main blade. The etches were gone when I received the knife, so I put a brushed finish on the blades. Blades are full and snappy! The stag has some staining from contact with the brass, that is somewhat common. I am asking $SOLD for this knife, as I think it would make a great user.

The other 2 will follow...

Last edited:
The third knife is one of my favorite mods I ever did. It started out as this ABL rigging knife...

This knife is dated 1951. I believe it was issue for the Belgian Army. These type of knife weren't highly finished but were made to take abuse. I completely dis-assembled it, made some NS bolsters for it, and did some clean up on the blades and inner-workings. The covers are ivory micarta, with a nice shield. It's much nicer now, not perfect mind you, but a bit more flashy. It's a tank, I think if you had it in your pocket and fell in the water, you'd sink right to the bottom. I really hate to let it go, but this is as good a reason as I can think of. I'd like to get $SOLD for it if possible. Here's some pics...

My last knife is a 2015 forum knife. New in the box, comes with all the papers, etc., only taken out to admire. Does not have the blade/spring issue that some had. It's a beauty, I'd like to get $SOLD for this.

Thanks for looking!

Glenn

Last edited:
Gorgeous work Glenn on that Belgian! :eek: Wonderful sale for Bob. :thumbup:

Glenn, my wife is going to have me on the couch for a month but I can't turn down the Rigging knife. Beautiful work and for a better cause. I'll take the Rigging knife if available.

Back