40 or 9mm?

You boys would not stand a chance anyway. I don`t care what you bring to the fight.

Sir,

I have Muslim friends who are good, patriotic Americans (one in fact is mostly responsible for a firearms forum with over 20,000 members), and I take exception to your remark. There are extremists and fanatics in every group.

Perhaps you could expound a bit on your second post. It sounds like a nice sound bite, short and "punchy", but what does it mean? Is your sole purpose in making the comment to give offense, or are you trying to bring something productive to the discussion?

John

Firstly I don't know much about the Moro beyond having collected a few spears and swords. Yeah, they are Muslims, so what? They fought the Spanish (who had vastly superior technology) for 300 plus years to maintain their freedom. I can admire their toughness and persistance.

I stand with John. I have very good Muslim friends as well and they are good people. Some of the best I know.

They hate the Muslim extremists also because it not only gives them a bad name, but it goes against this kind of extremism goes against the tenets of their religion.

Good people are good people. I try to take each person based on his or her personality and character. NOT lumping everyone in to one description.

There are a few individuals who seem to work hard to be abrasive, tiresome and tacky. . . . . these people I try to tolerate.

I'm assuming there are Muslims in our forum who are our friends and that only the people who blow up civilians and others are at the brunt of both our War on Terror and our understandable anger.

It's normal to be mad at madmen who are acting despictably. We're not going to confuse the two groups, human beings and murderers.

munk

Are you actually advocating killing all Muslims? Seriously? I didn't feel any sarcasm there. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because that must be the most ludicrous post I've seen yet. Don't bring that here. I, too, have friends who are Muslims. Who are you to judge them? :mad:

Chris

I HATE bigots!!! Kill them ALL! :jerkit: :jerkit: :grumpy: :rolleyes: :barf:

<we need a "Smilie for Sarcasm/joking.">

Guys, no one wants to enable bad behavior. But I've looked at the relevant passages and the only thing I can see is that the Jiahadists have been lumped into a category of all being dealt with and eliminated; NOT, repeat, NOT ALL muslims.

So let's not overreact.
We're OK and not to worry.
If a post is sloppy and inflamatory, other posters have the right to not like it and say so.

munk

Warlock6 said:
Charging Moros? I want a .50 cal. at least. Explosives are nice.
These are Mohamad`s. Kill them or they will surely kill you.
Long live Jihad. Let us kill them all once and for all.
So that our children do not have to live in fear of the Mohamads.
If they don`t do the job, suicide is your best option.

Munk, he referred to these bad guys as "Mohamad's" or "Mohamads." That would indicate a very broad categorization of Muslim to me. Either he's saying "those who belong to Mohamad" or he's talking about people who believe in Muhammad. If he's referring only to violent Jihadist zealots, he expressed it with absolutely no cultural sensitivity. Is warlock here to clarify? Maybe that would help.

Chris

Warlock6 said:
You boys would not stand a chance anyway. I don`t care what you bring to the fight.

Then how do you expect us to kill all the "Mohamads" once and for all then? :rolleyes:

Ditto Lion's Roar.

Bob

raghorn said:
I just want to know if Bill made his decision on the new pistol yet.

I have two Glocks and three Taurus 9mms. I am comfortable with them. I know what to expect and have them all loaded with Cor-Bons.
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0800/812.htm

Have one in stainles and two that are blue with gold trim and consecutive serial numbers.

I like the .45 ACP, however I like the higher magazine capacity of the 9mm even though I realize that most sudden confrontatory (carjack or attempted mugging) situations would not have a great deal of bullets expended.

Will probably stay with 9mm. However I want to do a little more research with the local Police. They did all go to 40s.

Have not even fired a 40, but doubt that the recoil would be a problem for me as I like to target shoot with full house 44 Magnum loads in my Smith 629s. That is a neat hand cannon.
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1400/1448.htm

If I am doing "perimeter patrol" on my land I will carry a long gun or my Police shotgun.
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0700/700.htm

And if the Moro get too thick in Atlanta I could get one of these....
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0600/601.htm
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1700/1756.htm

But I DO suspect there would be a recoil problem.

This would be a gun that I would LOVE to have. Selective fire 12 ga. But IF you can ever find one, they are rather pricey!
http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0300/336.htm

The gun matters. I haven't found a 45 that I can shoot as well as my 9s.
I shoot my 357 even better, and that is what I would choose under most circumstances.
If I had to choose between a 40 and a 45, it would be the 45 every time.

After a while you get used to your gun. Becomes and extension of your hand and mind. Been there with you through thick and thin. No real good resason to change.

I don't see enough difference in the other calibers to make me replace my 9s.

Bill Marsh said:
After a while you get used to your gun. Becomes and extension of your hand and mind. Been there with you through thick and thin. No real good resason to change.

I don't see enough difference in the other calibers to make me replace my 9s.

That's pretty much my philosophy, too.

But I did recently discover that my Springfield 1911 fits perfectly into my BHP holster, and the extra 1911 magazine fits the carrier. I decided that must be God's way of telling me to carry the 1911 occasionally.

I find that my 1911 is actually more comfortable to carry concealed than the Hi-Power because of its slimmer grip frame, but it just can't replace the HP as that natural "extension of the hand and mind."

If it's a pistol, take the .45 ACP every time, esp. any of the better 1911's. The 45 GAP is the answer to a problem that, for a 1911, doesn't exist. I've seen far too many suck up a couple lesser rounds, and continue on for at least a while. Any revolver of .41 mag or better with a load of 210 grains or over at 1000fps or more is right in the hunt. I particularly like 240/250 grains at around 1,100 fps....a hair better than the .45, light recoil, and much more controllable than the full house 44 Mag. My two cents, for what its worth....

I'm on the same page with you and Raghorn, Bill. If it aint broke, don't fix it. In the end I think it's more important to be comfortable and well aquainted with your chosen weapon than it is to have one millimeter more diameter, and whatever increase in velocity or energy.

As far as Warlocks comments well.....my collective opinion (ascertained from reading several of his posts) is that alot of y'all are flat out beautiful, wonderful, intelligent and profound, and forgiving people. There's apparently some redeeming feature/s showing through that I continually fail to see in these regards.

Back