40th Anniversary

This year marks Cold Steel's 40th anniversary. I thought there would be more fanfare. So far, it hasn't even been acknowledged. Are any plans in place to celebrate this milestone with the company's fans? Limited-edition knives? Special anniversary catalog? Retrospective interviews with Lynn? Historical videos on the Web site? Celebration parties at Cold Steel headquarters? Something? Anything?!

Seems to me, four decades of Cold Steel is an achievement worth touting.

-Steve

It would be nice to see them do an updated-classic, to honor the auspicious occasion. An updated Hatamoto with a 'tri-ad' lock would be a show-stopper! Just a thought.

a5565ed0628d2e6d0261c8e18ac5318b--cool-style-tactical-knives.jpg

OK, Cold Steel, your silence on this topic has been deafening. Let me see if I can help you guys out. Here are a few examples of how a top-tier California tactical-gear company goes about celebrating forty years in business.

IMG-7206.jpg

IMG-7203.jpg

IMG-7205.jpg

IMG-7207.jpg

IMG-7204.jpg

When I saw the lengths that Surefire went to in order to mark the occasion, I had high hopes for 2020, knowing that it was Cold Steel's fortieth. I thought for sure we'd be treated to some special products and events. Please tell me my hopes were not in vain.

-Steve

Not sure what the deal is, but so far seems like they have only acknowledged anniversaries of the Tanto. They did the 10th anniversary version in 1991, and the 2006 catalog calls out the 25th. While the Tanto may have put them on the map, they have grown to be so much more than that.

For Spyderco's 40th in 2018 they made a Native 5 with fluted cf and Damasteel blade.

A quick search brings up a few other knife companies that did something special for their 40th:

Gerber

Limited Edition Paul knife - of 2500 with a LE box. Celebrating the company.

Buck

110 - green handle with a picture of Mr. Buck in the handle, with a sheath. Celebrating the 110.

Kershaw

Limited Edition The Ruby 4040 - with LE box and COA. Celebrating the company.

Case

Trapper - 40th Anniversary Owens Way Factory with a LE box and papers. Celebrating the company.

I am absolutely sure (Cold Steel ? . . . anybody ? . . . Bueller ?) that Cold Steel will put out a 40th Anniversary knife - Anytime Anywhere !

Back