43DM Pics!!

Just picked it up from the post office this morning, number 14. Hope you like the pics!

Those a great pictures.

Benchmade has choosen to somewhat lightly etch the Damasteel on these blades so the patterning is less profound that it might be. Lighting it to really bring out the patterning is a bit tricky. You did a great job of it.

Nice pics.
So what do you think of it?

Beautiful...I'd like to have one just as a user but they are pretty aren't they?

Wow, great pics, masse! I especially like that second one - nice perspective. :D

-Damascus blade
-Spring latch
-Limited number (100, I think)
-Stainless Steel handles

That's all I can think of right now...

so if the 43 dm has stainless steel handles does it mean its heavier than the bm43 and bm 42? and what does spring latch do?

The key words there Ix are "Stainless Steel Handles". Now if BM will just start producing them again.:D

Spring latch means that when you squeeze the handles a little bit the latch pops out. You don't have to do it yourself. And yes, its heavier than the ti handles. About time.:D

dopey: Yes, SS is heavier than Ti.

The spring latch has a spring (that's why it's standing straight out). When you lock the bali opened or closed, the latch can be popped by squeezing the handles together. That will release the tension in the spring, and the latch will bounce out, and stand out like that showing on the pics. This way, the latch won't get in the way when you're manipulating the balisong.
I've also heard someone saying (I think it could be Tony) about their 49-01: 'I've never had a bali do a bungee jump when I do the latch drop!' :D

edit: I'm too slow for you, navajo. ;)

Thank you everyone for the all the kind words! I knew people have been having a hard time sleeping at night due to a lack of 43DM pics, so i figured i'd help you out;)

It is really an unbelievable piece. Unfortunately i can't afford to flip it, but it did a beautiful latch drop just before putting it away:)

As far as viewing goes, the SS handels look much nicer IMHO than Ti with a shinier, more polished look. The sping latch is as stated; pretty awsome! Now they just need to put it in a bali cheap enough for me to flip!

Below will be a couple more pics, one showing the spring latches in the 49-01 and the 43DM...Hope you like!

Back