Photos 4433 Imperial Frontier Stockman

I have this beautiful old stockman and I haven't seen another Frontier like it. There is no shield and the handle scales look like black micarta. I can see what looks like the weave of the fabric, but I also see rings like wood. Does anyone know if Imperial used micarta on the Frontier line of knives? I think the fit and finish is excellent on this knife. It feels good in my hand and walks and talks sweetly.
2k694AS
2k65fg9
2k694DT
2k65fiJ
2k65fjW
2k65fkx

Are the bolsters brass colored ?

To me this sounds like one of the more upgraded double eagle knives.
The standard frontier series had synthetic scales with the frontier shield, the double eagle versions had dark hardwood scales and no shield.

The wood used appears resin impregnated to me, and I know the lockback I had used a laminate so maybe you're seeing something in the finish ?

Are the bolsters brass colored ?

To me this sounds like one of the more upgraded double eagle knives.
The standard frontier series had synthetic scales with the frontier shield, the double eagle versions had dark hardwood scales and no shield.

The wood used appears resin impregnated to me, and I know the lockback I had used a laminate so maybe you're seeing something in the finish ?
I'm sorry. My picture links clearly didn't work. I can tell you that my knife has no shield, nickle silver bolsters, black handles, and the main blade is marked 4433. Blades have a nice satin finish. Thanks for your response.

Hi Tangstamp!

I'm certainly no Imperial expert, but I believe the Imperial Frontier 4433 was made in 1976 and had yellow handles. I've included a picture of mine, and a few pictures for reference from Imperial's catalog. Cheers!

Hi Tangstamp!

I'm certainly no Imperial expert, but I believe the Imperial Frontier 4433 was made in 1976 and had yellow handles. I've included a picture of mine, and a few pictures for reference from Imperial's catalog. Cheers!

This is amazing! Thank you. This is everything I hoped for. I am even more curious now why my knife is different. I also have the 4231 stockman. I love these knives.

Definitely sounds like a rehandle to me if the 4433 wasn't available any other way but in yellow.

Back