Off Topic 49th

On this date 49 years ago I married the love of my life.

We still like each other. She is my best friend and confidant. She was a west Alabama country girl who knows what it was like to do without, to work hard and that a sincere commitment before God is to be kept. With two country boy brothers she understands a man's attachment to knives and guns, and has never questioned my purchases thereof. She worked her way through college just like I did, and when I met her she understood my then financial position of working up from ground zero because she was doing the same.

Once at about the twenty year mark, when thanks to her teacher's degree and my EE we had attained a standard of living which when we were growing up would have seemed unobtainable, I became very dissatisfied with my work situation. She told me in no uncertain terms that she would go anywhere I wanted to go, that she had once lived with no indoor plumbing and she was very capable of living however we had to. She has always supported me and had my back no matter what.

I am a blessed man.

I'll be able to say the same thing in about...33 years! Dang and congrats man! I think the greatest thing in life is to have a wife who understands you and you can be friends with. And if she has put up with you for 49 years I'd say you're probably doing something right yourself and God has blessed the both of you. :)

Heartwarming to hear your story. Best wishes for your continued success and happiness.

PS- When I first saw the topic of your post, I thought you were announcing your 49th Busse acquisition.

Congrats on all those years together; it's quite an achievement, actually.

Wishing you both many, many more.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mike, God bless you both with good health, happiness and prosperity! Congratulations!!

Heartwarming to hear your story. Best wishes for your continued success and happiness.

PS- When I first saw the topic of your post, I thought you were announcing your 49th Busse acquisition.

No, that happened back in the 20th Century.

Congrats man. Having a solid partner eases life's difficulties.

Back