4th of July Weekend!

Riz!

Platinum Member
I know its early but Happy 4th of July. I hope all you dirty brids get to go out and put your Survive Knoves to work.

I will be heading to a Lake Anna Va for a weekend of relaxing. Hopefully Inwill have some nice fishing pic for the Trophy Room by the end of the weekend. What are you guys doing and what S!K are you taking with you of its that kind of weekend. I will have my 5.1.

I know its early but Happy 4th of July. I hope all you dirty brids get to go out and put your Survive Knoves to work.

I will be heading to a Lake Anna Va for a weekend of relaxing. Hopefully Inwill have some nice fishing pic for the Trophy Room by the end of the weekend. What are you guys doing and what S!K are you taking with you of its that kind of weekend. I will have my 5.1.
We will be at the cabin in the White Mountains near Show Low, AZ. We're taking our warriors trout fishing. I will take several knives, but plan to get some dirt time with the 4.7.

Happy 4th! Let freedom ring. God bless America.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lucky!
I'll be sitting at home on fire patrol and dog watch because the majority of my neighbors are idiots and they don't understand what a drought does. Some moron already lit the river bottom on fire last weekend.

Do they still light Mt. Rubidoux on fire in honor of the 4th? :)

Hahaha! You know this town too well!
You'd think they would come up with a better finale instead of burning the whole mountain down.

Back out to Western MD for a three day camping trip with my wife and daughter. This will be my daughter's first "real" camping trip. I'll get some use time with my 4.7 of course. Happy 4th everyone!

I'll be working. One of my buddies just got home on leave so I'm gonna cook some burgers and fried chicken for him, blast a few sparklies in the sky for the kiddo and call it.

My vacation officially starts now, lots of pics to follow as I have two weeks to get out with my 5.1.
Happy 4th Survivors!!

Yes it is! I know western MD well. Greenridge also has very nice ATV trails and a pretty good shooting range. I hunt Warrior Mountail all the time. Its just south of Flintstone. I went to Frostburg

Last edited:
We got out into Eastern Oregon for some camping and fishing. It's the last year before my youngest goes off to college, so we're trying to make the most of it. We're back home now and will probably run in for the fireworks display tonight. It's too dry out here to mess around with anything of our own. May God bless America and all of you as well. Here's wishing you and yours a safe and Happy Independence Day!

Here's my Independence Day offering.
A Brit and an American getting along.
0f71d6279dc0d3b6ead6ad47a73493ad.jpg

I filled up 3 trash cans and still have a huge pile to chop up after trimming these stupid weeds (Palm Trees).
3028016c62a1159d4a883acfd3ae440e.jpg

Edit to add a grumpy Aussie.
74fadf6b337b3732ccba4a13f072c5b8.jpg

Hahaha! You know this town too well!
You'd think they would come up with a better finale instead of burning the whole mountain down.
The church parking lot had a great view of the fireworks and of the homeowners hosing down their roofs. :)
One year we saw a mortar fire, loft a shell up into the air, and watched the shell come back down to explode on impact.
All those pretty sparks flew all over the place and started about twenty fires all at once.
I'm surprised they have continued with the tradition, although maybe the fire department needs the practice.

Man that must've been cool to see!
I'll have to report back if they end up burning the hill down this year. I'll be over by Pachappa mountain this year so I'll see it all.

Well said, HK!

Standard, looks like you made the best of a tedious chore. I can't even picture what an over grown palm tree looks like!
My dog sits just like that most of the time!

Standard, can you make a video of you cutting that can in half with one fell chop, 45 degrees from top to bottom?

Well said, HK!

Standard, looks like you made the best of a tedious chore. I can't even picture what an over grown palm tree looks like!
My dog sits just like that most of the time!
They're pretty nasty looking and one of the was full of ants.
Here's a shot of an uncut queen Palm. They dump those fruits all over the place so I decided to give them a hurricane cut.
ce7b8c27afebc65027508f89f4e62149.jpg

Standard, can you make a video of you cutting that can in half with one fell chop, 45 degrees from top to bottom?
Haha I did think about running it through with my 4.1 after finishing it!

They're pretty nasty looking and one of the was full of ants.
Here's a shot of an uncut queen Palm. They dump those fruits all over the place so I decided to give them a hurricane cut.
ce7b8c27afebc65027508f89f4e62149.jpg

Haha I did think about running it through with my 4.1 after finishing it!

And folks that's how we get attic rats... They go up those queen palms jump onto your roof and then find an opening to get into your house from underneath the roof and while you're trying to sleep, they decide to play and keep you awake by running all the over the place which will drive you nuts!

And folks that's how we get attic rats... They go up those queen palms jump onto your roof and then find an opening to get into your house from underneath the roof and while you're trying to sleep, they decide to play and keep you awake by running all the over the place which will drive you nuts!

Is that for real? I could never live there.

Back