5-15-12 Update!! Knife Received!! Spoke w/ Mr. Allen today, discussed knife order...

BOSS1

Gold Member
Greetings all,

Well after batting some ideas with Mr. Allen back and forth via email, I gave the man a call today. It was a good move. Mr. Allen was very personable and we sorted some details out on the knife he'll be making me. It's basically my idea of about the perfect 'camp' knife. ETA is later in January.

Rest assured, I'm blue collar, and have limited funds. I've passed on a purchasing a couple items that had been really tempting. After speaking with Mr. Allen today, I'm glad I did. He struck me as the kinda guy I want to stick around and stay in business. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is to back that up.

Long story short, positive posts in the forum(s) are great, but when the rubber meets the road, greenbacks are what pay the bills and keep folks in business. If you like Mr. Allen's work, there's no better way than to support him with your business. IMHO, for the craftsmanship you're getting, his knives are a bargain. Those of us that have one, already know.

So if you're on the fence and thinking about putting in an order, give yourself an early holiday present. Have a hunter friend or relative that appreciates craftsmanship? Point him in NWA's direction. Son or daugher enjoy the outdoors and graduating this spring? An NWA would make a nice graduation gift. Celebrating your kid graduating and moving out?? Give yourself a gift too.:D

Get your order in while the backlog isn't too long:thumbup:.

Oh, and FWIW, you can still order the Nov. 2008 issue of Tactical Knives featuring NWA's work if you like having such things for your collection.

Once my new blade arrives, I'll post a review.

Cheers,
BOSS

Last edited:
Hey BOSS1....Congrats on the decision and the knife!!! I can't wait to see pics of it!!!

I agree with everything you wrote!!! You CAN'T go wrong with a NWA purchase!!! Nick's a great guy and it's good to hear he's still accepting orders!!!

I've delayed posting pics of my slighty larger Sierra Scout because I'm still waiting for its companion revolver to come home from a major overhaul, but I may take some current pics and post 'em up anyway this week/end!!!

Looking forward to seeing Nick's newest collaboration with a fellow BF member!!!

All the Best,,

Stump

I second! I have two of Nick's knives and they are an incredible bargain for the price. Nick is top notch and stands completely behind his work. You will not be sorry for your purchase.

I have been away from the forums for a while, but I'm so happy to see Nick still making knives. And I always enjoy seeing a new model!

Hope, to see some pics soon!

I agree with all what we talking here!

Nick´s knives are really fantastic and the money for an NWA is a really good investment!:thumbup:

Boss, did you get this knife yet?

Not yet. I sent Mr. Allen a message a few days ago...awaiting a reply. I have $$ standing by, so when its finished we'll be ready to git 'er done.

I'll post any updates.

Quality is ALWAYS worth waiting for.

BOSS

Gentlemen,

I received the knife today, and it is, in a word, superb.

Right at the moment, I can't do my normal photos, and crappy cell phone picture wouldn't do it justice.

Look for a full write up coming next week.

BOSS

Can't wait to see this! I'm so glad Nick is still making knives, I really need a new one from him!

Back