5 kamis - 5 blades comparison pic

Here is a pic of a large percentage of my meager collection. I thought it would be interesting to see since several similar-sized blades together. The Kumar villagers that came in recently are like WWII models but a little different. Mine has a little curve to it so it is vaguely reminescent of an M43. It is also relatively narrow since it is the same width as the shorter 18" WWIIs. Looking at the pic I can see the 20" villager is very similar to the 18" WWII by Kesar, whereas the Bura WWII has a sharper angle and a more defined angle to the spine rather than a curve.

From top to bottom:
- M43 by Murali
- 20" WWII-villager by Kumar
- 18" WWII by Kesar (talk about mirror finish, you can see my face in the blade)
- 18" WWII by Bura
- 18" AK by Sanu

5_KS2.jpg

The Bura made Chiruwa AK in my collection has a lesser defined angle to the spine than my Kesar AK. Seems that they vary it a little.

Did you treat the handle of the 20' Villager or did it arrive that way?

-Emile, Who is waiting in ambush by the frontdoor for his 17' Kumar villager to arrive :D

eraaij: That's basically an untreated wood handle. It has an appointment with some Tru-oil very soon. It looks lighter and rougher in real life than in the pic. It will clean up nice though.

Not having to do a ton of chopping, I find myself liking the straighter blades more than something with a very pronounced bend. Thus I really like the new 20" WWII-villager (and it's pointy too), and the Kesar WWII that is in the pic.

I said elsewhere if these were rifles they'd all be in the 30-06 ( do aout anything reasonably expected of them ) class.

I also like the straightest or the most angled. Go fgure.

Originally posted by eraaij
The Bura made Chiruwa AK in my collection has a lesser defined angle to the spine than my Kesar AK. Seems that they vary it a little.

Interestingly (to me anyway), I have Chiruwa AKs by Bura and Kesar and they are the opposite from what you experienced. The Bura is a heavy blade with a deep belly and sharper angle, much like the Sanu 18" AK pictured at the top of this thread.

Meanwhile the Kesar is lighter, with a narrower belly and considerably straighter.

I think it has as much to do with the mood of the kami on a particular day. Whenever the powers that be decide to upgrade my bladeforum membership (that I paid for almost TEN DAYS AGO!!! :mad: ), I'd like to post a comparison pic of three Bura blades - two kobras and a GS - that illustrate this theory. :cool:

Originally posted by raghorn
Whenever the powers that be decide to upgrade my bladeforum membership (that I paid for almost TEN DAYS AGO!!! :mad:

Raghorn go to the Service and Support Forum found in the General Forums and ask Spark about the problem. Spark looks at that forum almost every day, if not every day, and you will have a better chance of getting things recitified.:)

raghorn, I upgraded on a Saturday (I think?) and it took effect two days later.

Back