530 Question

I have a 530 that has developed some side-to-side blade play. A little research tells me that it's not uncommon for this model to wiggle a bit due to the slim profile, but the movement is more than I would expect and quite annoying. I played with the screw tension with no luck, and I seriously don't want to disassemble an unfamiliar lock with a spring in it. It would be great if there was a quick fix I am missing, or is it time to pack it up and mail it back to Benchmade? It's an otherwise great knife that I would like to carry again if I can get it firmed up.

My experience is try tightening the screws around the pivot. That worked for my 950 and 531

Try tightening the stop pin set screw. My 530 was much smoother after adjusting the tension. Maybe that's a cure for yours too.

my 530 had the same problem. it turned out that the pivot was too long to be able to be adjusted. so i ground maybe a half of a millimeter off. now i can set the wiggle to my liking ;)

When I tried 531 at store, it has a lot of play like that. The 530 was solid. At the moment I was ignorant thinking 530 is made better over 531 and bought 530. It is so far so good. I am sure after long term use, 530 will eventually wiggle too.

Back