553 opinions?

How do you all like the 553 tanto griptillian?
Im thinking of ordering one right now and was just wondering what the general view is on this knife (my first grip has really grown on me, #1 position for pocket time)
And should I get satin or BK?!

Thanks

I am interested in this knife as well. One of the things on my short list, is an Edge Pro. This matters here, because a lot of guys take a tanto blade, and use like a 30 degree on the blade part, and a 40-50 on the tip part for strenth. Seems like a pretty cool idea to me.

If it were me, I'd get the black. They just look cool to me.

If anyone wants to answer, i have another question, how many of you guys have more than one griptillian?

and yeah im thinking black, but i really like benchmades satin.
interesting idea on the multiple edge angles, I haven't heard of that.

blade shape is cool, the two different tips is noce for edc but I do not like the jimping. get a 550 or a ritter :) with this combo you get the black on 550 to satisfy your want for black and then the stonewash blade wich barely shows wear like the satin, and you would have better jimping on both of them..

If anyone wants to answer, i have another question, how many of you guys have more than one griptillian?

I have 2 mini's currently, use to have a 551 as well but it wasn't for me, I will get a 550 to go with my 555 sometime soon too. Nothing wrong with owning multiples.

well im about to order it! woo! Now I need to get some material ordered to fabricate some home grown scales! :eek:

I had one and for some reason, I could not come to like this folder.
Good luck.
rolf

2 full sized LE Ritters 1 in M2, 1 in M4
1 full sized LE Grip in D2 (Perry Edition)
2 mini LE Ritters 1 in M2, 1 in M4
2 mini Grips 1 in 154, 1 in D2
All with custom scales ;)

Grips are probably my favorite bang for the buck folder from Benchmade, I gave mine away, I have too many others that I enjoy more... if I run out of beaters I'll get another Grip. :)

2 full sized LE Ritters 1 in M2, 1 in M4
1 full sized LE Grip in D2 (Perry Edition)
2 mini LE Ritters 1 in M2, 1 in M4
2 mini Grips 1 in 154, 1 in D2
All with custom scales ;)

You make me feel better, because (shh dont tell anyone,) I ordered two... :rolleyes:
and a nice assortment of g10 micarta and hardware. :)

I don't like Grips, but the blade itself is very similar to the one used on the old Pardue 722 and is a great cutter.

Back