560XLTi question

rdg

I'm interested in learning what are the differences between early models and late models of the 560XLTi. I love my 110 and didn't realize the 560 was being discontinued. How does it compare to the 110 for blade lock-up, ease of opening, blade wobble, etc.?
Bob

The first model of the 560 had a clip, and was able to be dissasembled.

The next version came in either gray or black handles. The black one had a black coated blade.

The latest version was the gold crystal color, though I remember a different color for the first batch by accident.

rdg: I just ordered a Buck XTL-Ti. When it arrives, I'll post a report for you here.

I just ordered and received 2 of the 560XLTi in the gold color. The lock-up seems "Buck solid" but both of mine have some minor blade wobble. I thinking of lightly tapping the pins to tighten them up some. Maybe I 'll just send them to Buck for BG-42 blade upgrades...

Hey SB, you could have some fun, send one to get BG-42 and the other to have the gold IonFusion blade to match the handle. That IonFusion can cut!

Yeah, I was thinking of an upgrade for mine when it arrives as well. BG42 and Titanium scales would be a pretty good combo.

How does the 560 feel in your hand compared to the 110 or 110FG? I noticed my 110FG has a very small amount of blade wobble too, but it locks up like a bank vault. Is it easier to use the one armed bandit with the 560 than with the 110?
I'm afraid those photos of Buzzbait's buckbenza have started something with me!!
Bob

Originally posted by rdg
How does the 560 feel in your hand compared to the 110 or 110FG? I noticed my 110FG has a very small amount of blade wobble too, but it locks up like a bank vault. Is it easier to use the one armed bandit with the 560 than with the 110?
I'm afraid those photos of Buzzbait's buckbenza have started something with me!!
Bob

Yeah, Buzz's Buckbenza is what got me started. I don't have a 110, but I do have a bandit on one 560 and it works well. I wasn't sure about the finger grooves when I got it but so far they have been surprisingly comfortable. I still like my 531 and 532 best...

[edited for spelling]

Originally posted by mschwoeb
Hey SB, you could have some fun, send one to get BG-42 and the other to have the gold IonFusion blade to match the handle. That IonFusion can cut!

Good ideas!!!:) :D

Back