586 Mini-Barrage M390

Very nice. This was in the rumor mill, glad to see it actually happen. This will be a must-have and looks like it's not a limited either.

This may seem like a strange question, but why are the mini versions of full size knives so popular among Benchmade fans? I guess I can understand the mini Rukus and mini Skirmish because those full size knives were quite large, but most of the mini versions are cut down copies of knives that only had around 3.5" blades to begin with. most of them don't seem that big to me.

I like having large and small versions, it's a tradition going back a bunch of years with Benchmade to offer both. These days I find myself carrying my smaller 3" models like the 585, 525 and others...and while I own the bigger 580, that usually gets a lot less carry time.

This may seem like a strange question, but why are the mini versions of full size knives so popular among Benchmade fans? I guess I can understand the mini Rukus and mini Skirmish because those full size knives were quite large, but most of the mini versions are cut down copies of knives that only had around 3.5" blades to begin with. most of them don't seem that big to me.

Because some people (apparently you) like 3.5" blades and some people (me) prefer 3" blades. I work in an office and I save my 3.5" and larger blades for the weekend.

Yeah, I have bigger benchmades but I don't usually carry them. 940 is like the biggest knife I EDC. I just don't see the point in a big folding knife for my day to day uses. I also like slimmer knives in my pocket. The 581 is kind of fat handled. It appears the 586 should be a fair amount slimmer.

Pretty cool little knife. I probably wont get one though since my 581 is already my smallest knife other than a cqc7 lol.

In many places the legal carry limit is 3". It is nice to spend $100+ on knife and be able to actually carry it.

Holy crap man, you started the thread about the CPM-M4 mini-grip too! You are costing me a lot of money by scouring the web looking for these pre-orders. :D Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. This looks like another must have for me. I guess I am going to have to dig up that coffee can full of cash I buried in the back yard for the zombie apocalypse after watching 10 straight episodes of the "The Walking Dead"...

I dont care about steel type, but the 581 is one of my favorite designs, and the mini looks neat. Hopefully, the Axis lock wont have the side to side wobble that seems to be plaguing it, currently.

Holy crap man, you started the thread about the CPM-M4 mini-grip too! You are costing me a lot of money by scouring the web looking for these pre-orders. :D Seriously though, thanks for the heads up. This looks like another must have for me. I guess I am going to have to dig up that coffee can full of cash I buried in the back yard for the zombie apocalypse after watching 10 straight episodes of the "The Walking Dead"...

Haha I know what you mean, he started a thread on a s30v red handled mini grip I just had to get. Now this!? Good looking out random dan, you are costing me a lot of money :)

PREORDER COMPLETE....I GOTTA HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a new benchmade owner. My first Benchmade was purchased about a month ago - 581 Barrage - Love it, perfect to EDC at Home (nights and weekends), but a bit too large to use at work (office environment). I looked at the 470 Emissary for a work EDC, I wanted to love it, but since it was so thin, it felt uncomfortable to open, so about a week ago, I picked up my second Benchmade, a 585BK Mini Barrage to use at work. Then I saw this thread and ordered my third...I had to have it...My wife is probably going to make me seek professional help for my new found addiction....Now if Benchmade releases a 940 in M390 with a nice color handle....My wife will probably have me committed...<scratch> <scratch> "I need a fix"

Back