• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

6" Chef's Knife in S30V, stabilized spalted oak burl-SOLD

Here's a nice little chef's knife I just finished up. Thought I would do a run in some super-steel for the kitchen, for those who would rather have a knife that doesn't need to be sharpened, than one that is easy to sharpen. The good news there is I do free lifetime sharpening, so for the price of a USPS flat rate box, you can make me do it any time you like. Made every effort to price it low, considering it's hand finished S30V.

Quite happy with the results, went nice and thin behind the edge, 0.007 before sharpening. Good looking piece of wood sourced form Alpha Knife Supply. Only gripe is at one spot I just breathed on the blade face a bit with an 800 grit sharpening belt, the spot is less than 1/4" square and very faint, you'd have to really be scrutinizing to notice but thought I would mention it. Thanks for looking!

6" Chef's Knife heel to tip, 11.5" OAL, 1.5" wide at heel.
S30V, heat treated by Peter's, 60-61 HRC
Hand rubbed 400 grit finish
Stabilized spalted oak handle, black and cinnamon fiber spacer against tang. Wood sourced from AKS.
Leather sheath included

$SOLD

warranty and info at www.wheelerknifeworks.com

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG

Last edited:
Also, if anyone has good advice for getting my pics to show up with better resolution, let me know. I'm referencing them from my own site, but BF seems to dock my resolution no matter what I do. I'm no web whiz...

Just those handle close-ups look a little grainy to me, oh well. Thanks very much, I'm a big fan of your knives!

10 degree sharpened bevel, 3 degrees between the flats, 0.013" (.25mm) behind the edge, 0.007" (.17mm) before sharpening, 0.11" (2.7mm) at the thickest part of the spine. Thanks for the interest!

Phil

Thanks, that's awfully kind of you to say:)

maybe i can answer that. As a former professional cook/chef that smaller size " isn't something most serious cooks use in that type of profile. they use at least an 8" blade for a chef knife/work horse. Most all of the shorter length blades at that size will normally have a different purpose, and shape for most serious cooks.

the mini chef's like the beauty above is a very small niche mkt. imho, most avg. folks can't justify the cost to themselves/wives even though that beautiful knife is worth it imho.

Back