710-1401 closed issue

Wondering if BM can fix an issue with my 710-1401. When it is closed the blade is flush with the scales and you are able to feel the tip of the blade and cut yourself if you are not careful. My concern is indont see how they could fix it without cutting away at the blade to have it go further down. Is there another way and if not will they do this?

Brandon, all I know is a number of these came out of their boxes with the tip slightly protruding enough to nick the owner's fingers. Those that were sent up were repaired under full warranty conditions, and not a penny out of pocket. Normally product sent for repair includes the initial shipping costs to Benchmade. In cases like yours, I have had that amount refunded to me in the form of a check. To make sure they will or will not honor those charges it would be best to call them at the number in the post above. Hope that helps.

Im waiting to see if store has one that is not like this in stock. They said they had goten new ones that where not like that. I asked for a picture of it before they semd it amd got a picture of the same issue. I looked the knife up on google to look through the pics in hopes that my issue is not the fixed outcome. I found ones that have the tip much further past the handle. Hoping store has some in not will send it in.

I was one of those whom had that problem. Sent it in to Benchmade and it came back without that problem. KW stated on their website sometime back, that the tip problem had been taken care of. KW has the exclusive on the 710-1401, so if they said problem fixed...I believe it. As far as how many were distributed before awareness of the tip sticker problem, and still out there for sale, who knows.

Yeah....it didnt. And i have slight play with mine forward and back. It goes away when i push the axis lock all the way up.... is this something that will fix itself as it breaks in? Also i am very interested in seeing what the depth of the knife will look like once fixed. Can you please post a picture or two focused on the closed tip? It would be very appreciated.

Back