710 Pimp up and love

I got me a new 710. It's a black combo edge, in D2. I've got an arrow clip coming for it, and thinking about the standoffs. I seem to remember seeing something about Adamas thumb studs in here. Will they fit on a 710? I think they would look great on them. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

Great choice!
I love my 710's, awesome knife.

Well, here's a simple pimp using the original scales...

Here's a few of my favorite pimps....

Last edited:
Very nice work...as always. Any clue on the thumb studs? I like the shape of the Adamas ones.

Hey keyman, do you just drill holes in the original scales or is there something more to it?

Hey keyman, do you just drill holes in the original scales or is there something more to it?
Yeah, in the first pic, that's all I did.
It really ramps up the grip.
It also makes the knife handle more like a smaller knife, making it very easy to manipulate.(opening/closing, re-grip & such)

Very nice work...as always. Any clue on the thumb studs? I like the shape of the Adamas ones.
Thanks bravo.
I'm not sure about the thumb studs.
It does sound like it should/could be possible though.
Maybe someone with both knives can give it a try....

I got me a new 710. It's a black combo edge, in D2. I've got an arrow clip coming for it, and thinking about the standoffs. I seem to remember seeing something about Adamas thumb studs in here. Will they fit on a 710? I think they would look great on them. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

Where did you get the arrow clip?

Other than sending them off to BM, are there aother places to buy standoffs for them? Any suggestion? If it is banned from saying so, then PM me. I think that they would look good on this knife. Thanks

Well, I got my Adamaas thumbs studs in today. They look great on the 710! And they won't let the blade close all the way either. That sucks. Just an FYI for you guys.

Other than sending them off to BM, are there aother places to buy standoffs for them? Any suggestion? If it is banned from saying so, then PM me. I think that they would look good on this knife. Thanks
Just do a search for online suppliers selling knifekits. Your looking for .165" with no neck.
The options are limited.
They will be threaded; your backspacer is not.

Back