710HS...lets hear about them!

I just ordered one and wanted to hear what everyone thinks of them. I know that the 710 is a pretty popular knife around here and rightfully so because I have one that is ATS-34 and really like it. I thought that since I liked it so much that I would go for the steel upgrade. Well enough rambling on by me, lets hear what all of you have to say. Thanks!

Well it's a bit difficult to know what to say, given you already have one.

The 710 is a fantastic knife. Certainly among my favourites.

I haven't checked it out yet, but from all accounts I think you will find the M2 well worth the upgrade, also.

Enjoy.

I agree with switch, the 710HS is a great knife and is my favorite Benchmade knife and the M2 steel is well worth the extra price. This knife just feels right in your hand and is pretty sharp right out of the box.

I managed to reprofile my 710HS down to 30 degrees with the Sharpmaker and the edge is nowhere near weak. After reprofiling, I stabbed the point repeatedly into a scratching post and it's still just as sharp as it was before. I did that with the 806D2 before and learned that I can restore a point with enough patience, but the 710HS held up to the task.

Musky Hunter, a regular here and on the Benchmade forum, performed some gruelling tests comparing his 710HS to his Delica and Griptillian where he used the blades to reshape rubber pistol handles, cut through pencils and aluminum cans, and cut through wiring materials. The 710HS was the clear champ of those tests.

I want to perform some of Musky's tests to reconfirm the glory of the 710HS or even to see it get spanked by Delica or Griptillian, but that'll be later.

Back