74mm Alox Money Clip question

Hey folks. I was curious if anyone could tell me how well the money clip works as a pocket clip. I've never handled one of these so I'm not clear as to whether the clip is too thin\weak ir maybe there isn't enough space underneath the clip to fit over the pocket hem of jeans for example. Thanks!

Well I just found the answer to my own question. Looks like it will work well as a pocket clip. :) My back pocket carry Classic has gone MIA again. Maybe time to try one of these instead.

Last edited:
Just a thought not specifically about the money clip, but there are other way to clip a SAK in the pocket. Personally, I often use these cheap clips to suspend them in the pocket (see pic below). It gives them something to grab the pocket with and the suspension doesn't mess with the other stuff in the pocket as much.
s-l1600.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/aEoAAOSwoyRbpKPS/s-l1600.jpg

VXs7oSR.jpg

I do have the money clip, though I never use it as a clip on clothing, I highly doubt it is secure enough to be used on a daily basis(unless you have a designated pocket as shown in the youtube video). The clip is short and the surface of knife is really slick, it would be quite easy to lose if your clothing fabric is smooth as well.

Thanks for your thoughts on this Comis! I went ahead and purchased one used on Ebay for cheap so I'll give it a go. After dealing with Classics forever I'm sure it will feel like a monster!

Thanks tiguy7. I have a used silver one coming in a few days so I'll report back. Feeling a little lost without a small Victorinox on me daily.

Well the experiment was brief, and the Vic Money Clip has been sold. Felt like a monster compared to my preferred Classic and I just couldn't get used to it. Didn't like the smooth alox vs texture and the clip wasn't ideal to use on a pocket. On the hunt for another Classic as it seems to be what I always gravitate back to.

Well, try the Custom Ti Spydie/SAK MiniChamp. 9 blades, 2 scale tools, and a pocket clip.image.jpeg

Well the experiment was brief, and the Vic Money Clip has been sold. Felt like a monster compared to my preferred Classic and I just couldn't get used to it. Didn't like the smooth alox vs texture and the clip wasn't ideal to use on a pocket. On the hunt for another Classic as it seems to be what I always gravitate back to.

As much as I go through classics, giving them away to people in need of a knife, I just go to the local Walmart. The classic is usually in the knife case for like 11.95. I haven't found anyone at the local guns shows like back in Maryland, who sells lots of the TSA confections. That was the Best Buy for almost mint condition classics for like 3 dollars a hit if you bought 5 of them or more.

Classics are the Giddeon's Bible of pocket knives. The original gateway drug.

Back