75th Anniversary 119?

David Nowlin

Gold Member
So Buck made the 75th anniversary 119 Special in 2017 and i love mine. Question is did they make a 50th anniversary 119?

Ok so i'm guessing in 1992 Buck wasn't really doing the special promotional stuff? Probably just busy making great knives!

I believe you are a member of BCCI now. Go to the website, pull up a catalog from 1992 and see if they had one.

No 50th anniversary 119. But i searched a little deeper ( thanks for giving me another way to spend even more time on my phone lol) and narrowed down the first year of the 124 Frontiersman and it appeared it the 1968 catalog. So why didnt Buck have a 50th anniversary 124? Oh and the prices!! :eek::rolleyes:

Weren’t all the knives made in 1992 50 th anniversary knives? Maybe not marketed as such. But the tang stamp dates it.

The 75th was a pretty cool marketing tool and definitely a cool tang stamp. 1992 was a different world. The internet wasn’t what it is now. Collecting wasn’t the same as it is now. I think Buck was focused on making tools. As opposed to collectibles.

My personal favorite is the 72 nd anniversary 119!

Weren’t all the knives made in 1992 50 th anniversary knives? Maybe not marketed as such. But the tang stamp dates it.
Ed, you're thinking of the 2002, 100 Year Anniversary of Buck Knives. All knives produced in that year were tang stamped with the anvil...except the off shore made ones. HTH, Preston

I Thought the 119’s had a 75th anvil stamp? And some had the shield on the handle.

Last edited:
The 75th was a pretty cool marketing tool and definitely a cool tang stamp. 1992 was a different world. The internet wasn’t what it is now. Collecting wasn’t the same as it is now. I think Buck was focused on making tools. As opposed to collectibles.

My personal favorite is the 72 nd anniversary 119!

I Thought the 119’s had a 75th anvil stamp? And some had the shield on the handle.
Ed, there were no 1992, 50th anniversary knives...

2002, the 100th anniversary of Buck Knives, all USA made Buck knives had the anvil tang stamp and some came with a medallion and some with a pin, some with everything.

The 75th anniversary 119s had the 75th anniversary tang stamp with a medallion in the handle on some. Preston

Back