77UH question..

muskrat man

BANNED
did they ever make this knife with carbon steel blades? I have been hunting one on ebay for sometime now but all I can find is the schrade + stainless.
thanks

MM,
Using your thread showing the single blade Muskrat as an example, I think we all would agree that almost anything could show up from Schrade... :)
Maybe one that went in for a repair, or by customer request?
I believe the Uncle Henry line was marketed with Schrade+ (stains-less) steel, and especially a knife that may have been used around water (skinning muskrats... :D ).

If anybody has seen one with carbon rich blades instead, I'd bet they are here on this forum.

Who has the elusive Muskrat that MM is looking for???

Bill

The Old Timer 77OT with "Improved Muskrat" etched on the blades SHOULD be carbon steel. As El Lobo mentions, at the end there, they were slapping UH blades in OT frames, etc. etc. Wouldnt surprise me much if you got one of recent vintage with one of each (might be kinda cool to have).

All the Uncle Henry's will be Schrade +.

Here's a user in carbon: http://cgi.ebay.com/Schrade-77OT-Ol...ryZ42576QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And a collector:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Schrade-USA-77O...oryZ1403QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yeah, I got 3 OT's still ain't got a mint one yet, they all have an even patina. I would like to find an UH with the wrong blades, I like the looks of staglon but don't like stainless, even though it would most likely just be in my case I just don't like stainless steel knives. Thanks for all the help guys. I love this forum :D

MM,
Using your thread showing the single blade Muskrat as an example, I think we all would agree that almost anything could show up from Schrade... :)
Maybe one that went in for a repair, or by customer request?
I believe the Uncle Henry line was marketed with Schrade+ (stains-less) steel, and especially a knife that may have been used around water (skinning muskrats... :D ).

If anybody has seen one with carbon rich blades instead, I'd bet they are here on this forum.

Who has the elusive Muskrat that MM is looking for???

Bill
I have 3 of the uncle henry 77UH uncle henry on the shield and 77UH USA on the blade all new old stock never used

Back