77UH (?) revisited

dlk

I'm wondering if there really is such a thing as a "mainstream" Uncle Henry 77UH. By "mainstream", I mean staglon, Uncle Henry shield, and 2 identical Turkish clip blades, at least one of which has the 77UH stamp. I know there are Ducks Unlimited versions with blades that have the 77UH stamp, and right now on ebay you can find "77UH" with staglon and no shield at all. But has the regular Uncle Henry been available?

I wouldn't be asking (somehow I tacitly assumed there was such a thing), but I noticed it was missing from Clemente's book. Then I poked around, and could not find an example.

(Here are some old threads that are close but no cigar: 372812, 369569, 362379, 316080, 301233)

Please help, I might not be able to sleep until I get the answer. :confused:

Thanks,
Dave

Not every Old Timer pattern had a direct counterpart in the Uncle Henry line. And not every pattern that was made appeared in the catalogs (the basis for Robert's documentation). Most had an equivilant of some sort, but not all. Read the entire description of the 77OT on page 68. Robert does list the 77UH on that page, but the description does get sketchy, i.e. did it have the UH tangstamp, UH shield. Perhaps someone here has one or ten and can clarify this for us. My copy of the book is the third edition.

Codger

Is there a 77UH? Sure is. It is tang stamped
Schrade +
USA 77UH
on one of the blades. Stagalon handles. Never published in the catalogs which is why there is no seperate page in Roberts book. We have discussed it many times and his next edition of the book will cover many of the non published OT and UH's that have been found.
TTYL
Larry

Attachments

• UH0006.jpg
    UH0006.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 30
Codger and Larry, Thanks for the replies.

In essence, my question is: Has anyone seen one like Larry attached, but with the Uncle Henry shield? I thought I had, but now I'm doubting it.

Thanks,
Dave

Larry, I'm glad to hear about a new and revised book from Robert Clemente, any word on when it might be out?

I have not see a 77UH with a shield. The 877UH with the guthook does have a shield. Some of the last productions with the 97OT blade a saw and UH handles also had no shield.. I don't know what that means but it's an observation.

Roberts book newwst revision is in the final editing stages being readied for printing.
Drop him a note and get on his list. Im sure he'd love to know who wants one.
His business email address is majormarket@charter.net
TTYL
Larry

I have not see a 77UH with a shield. The 877UH with the guthook does have a shield. Some of the last productions with the 97OT blade a saw and UH handles also had no shield.. I don't know what that means but it's an observation.

Roberts book newwst revision is in the final editing stages being readied for printing.
Drop him a note and get on his list. Im sure he'd love to know who wants one.
His business email address is majormarket@charter.net
TTYL
Larry
I have 3 uncle henry 77UH muskrat
the shield says uncle henry and the blade has schrade = 77UH USA. and like new never used, got them for 50.00 each no boxes. but I don't care these are hard to find, and I'm getting ready to pick up 2 more of them . from a collector who passed away. away

Back