7in F/U / USMC sheath question

Cold Kill

BANNED
Is the sheath ambidextrous? Like can the belt loop be swapped the the other side for easy LH carry? Or does it come set up for LH carry? I figure with me getting my Ka-Bar reground and refinished, it would look nice with a leather sheath (and leather won't run the risk of quickly dulling my blade). I know my title pretty much sucks, but I couldn't think of anything else to put.

Leather sheaths are not ambidextrous. The belt loop can be rotated, so you don't have the "open" end of the snap facing out, but other than that, righty only.

Moose

Yep, right handed only. You can move it to the left side, but then you'd need to cross draw or something like that.

I can't stand right handed sheaths, and pocket clips, and well everything. Guess I will have to look at a different kind of sheath (can't afford a custom).

I can't stand right handed sheaths, and pocket clips, and well everything. Guess I will have to look at a different kind of sheath (can't afford a custom).

Kabar also makes a new sheath that came out this year, might be worth a look.

CK, you can also <gasp>, make your own. :D

If not, and you are bent on some leather, I gotta couple of guys that frequent these forums, quite often, that will hook you up.

Moose

Yep, second moosez suggestion about making your own. I just made a few today, my first, from an excellent tutorial, and they turned out quite well. Leather's not that expensive, and it's a fun project. Helps to have a drill press though.

Ah, the KA-BAR sheath, the first sheath I ever made. It's square so that I can put it on straps or in packs easier.

KABAR%20sheath%20knife%20bracelet.jpg

KABAR%20sheath%20old%20and%20new.jpg

Crimsonfalcon07, may I ask which tutorial you used and where you found it?

Sure. I used the first one that popped up on Google, actually.

http://www.beebeknives.com/html/make_a_sheath_tutorial.html

Here's the result.

2011-10-18174438.jpg

My first and second sheaths ever, respectively. I feel like they turned out fairly well, considering that I've never even so much as thought about making sheaths before, and just followed the tutorial. Make sure to click on the pics, since there's more detail in there.

Hey, robs446, you don't need that old USMC sheath, you don't like it. It is horrible!! Mind sending it my way?

Hey, robs446, you don't need that old USMC sheath, you don't like it. It is horrible!! Mind sending it my way?
:)
I *don't* like it, it *is* horrible, but I *do* need it for future reference when making sheaths. If I should get another KA-BAR I'll send it, but don't hold your breath.

Back