8-15 Random Pics

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Folders in Progress!

Framelocks and the two basic :D looking ones are going to be SSIK frickies. ...something else too

Kitchen Knives ready for handle shaping...

Kogotanas!
They are coated blue with Dykem, it helps me see my scribe lines. I will scribe my centerline next and drill the holes, after that it is time for heat treat.

As much as I would like to do that I'd better say no in the name of fairness.

Is that mine right there...I see some thing thick and my eyes getting blurry!:D

Dang, if that one one on the left is a framelock, those things are going to be monsters! Very cool. Can't wait. :)

Kogotanas Is that an optical illusion or are those tiny little knives in the last picture?

Dang, if that one one on the left is a framelock, those things are going to be monsters! Very cool. Can't wait. :)

It sure is, the two on the left and the fifth one over. They are seriously heavy duty with lock geometry and hardware to match.

Kogotanas Is that an optical illusion or are those tiny little knives in the last picture?

They are small but the photo makes them look smaller. They are six inches long on average.

A traditional kogotana fits in the saya (sheath) of a katana, I have always been fascinated by the design. They are chisel ground and many have a kozuka (handle) that can be changed out for looks. The handle usually goes on one side only.

Mine will be the traditional shape but with a cooler looking grind and scales/sheath.

I'd post some pics of traditional ones if I had any... I'm always checking them out online.

Gettin giddy. :D

:cool:

Can't wait to see the kogotanas!

Thanks! They are going to be nice.

You know what would be cool on the kogotanas, would be a textured and colored copper/bronze handle scale. Or anodized titanium. Just sayin'!;)

In any event, they're going to be really cool.

You know what would be cool on the kogotanas, would be a textured and colored copper/bronze handle scale. Or anodized titanium. Just sayin'!;)

In any event, they're going to be really cool.

I'm seriously considering that on at least one... carved copper or something along those lines. I'm even looking into eventually making my own traditional alloys for the handles.

A wooden case would also be cool, something for the coffee table that conceals the fact that it is a knife.

Thanks!

Um, Daniel. Do I spy an extended tang on the right most knife? That wouldn't be a sneak preview of the pending friction folder, would it?

Um, Daniel. Do I spy an extended tang on the right most knife? That wouldn't be a sneak preview of the pending friction folder, would it?

YES! Thank you! :D

I'll have my prototype Ti hardware for them here in a week, look out for more soon!

Danyull- Throw Scottie a bone. :D

I feel bad about that... had a ton of emails asking me to make one from lots of people here so I will have it up for grabs still.

Haha, no worries mate. It's got to be fair, and even if I miss the first batch, I'm sure I'll have my chance eventually. Can't believe it took me so long to figure out that was it, though! Also, can't wait to see what you do with ano and finishes, sir!

Back