• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" AEB-L Chef Knife in FLAME Golden Oregon Big Leaf Maple

Matthew Gregory

Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment
Here's the latest of my 8" chef's knives, made of .098" thick AEB-L, with heat treating done by me, in-house, including cryogenic treatment. This one is right at about RC 61-62.

AEB-L is a unique steel, in that it has next to no alloying elements to offer increased wear resistance, having just enough chromium to make it stainless steel, and only enough carbon to provide great hardness, making for fantastic edge stability and yet still being easy enough to maintain. Blade features full distal tapering with a machine finish to reduce sticking, and is ground to .004" previous to sharpening.

This knife features a slightly upraised handle, in stabilized and golden dyed curly flame big leaf maple from Oregon, with stainless steel pins. Handle tapers from thinner at the front to thicker at the back, allowing for almost neutral blade balance when gripped forward.

24692907873_d8437ffac2_b.jpg

Price: $OLD via Paypal, shipped to anywhere in the continental US. Contact me for shipping elsewhere and we'll find a way. I'll absorb all Paypal fees.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Thanks, man. The figure is scarier than the photo shows. TONS of flame.

So awesome! The whole knife is outstanding but that handle is KILLER!

The whole thing represents 'value' in the best sense of the word.

Nice job buddy!

Thanks bud!!! Wonder where I got this awesome piece of maple, anyway... ;)

I should have mentioned that in the original post! Folks, this is maple I bought from John, and had dyed and stabilized by my stabilizer. I've recently switched to a different (and largely unknown) stabilizing company, as the performance results from this company have vastly outperformed the others I've used.

Awesome knife, heck of price. Someone will be very happy.

I've recently switched to a different (and largely unknown) stabilizing company, as the performance results from this company have vastly outperformed the others I've used.

Are you willing/able to share the info?

Nice looking knife, BTW

Back