• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8" Chefs white #2 SOLD

Hello everybody,

Since this is my first sales post on this forum I'll first introduce myself.

My name is Jelle Hazenberg. I'm from the Netherlands and I've been living in the west of Ireland for 9 years now.
I've been making both kitchen knives and outdoor knives for 2 years. I've also worked in a kitchen prepping food for 9 years.

All of my knives are forged by hand.

So here is the knife:

OAL: just shy of 14"
Blade length: 8"
Height at the heel: 48mm
Thickness of the spine above the heel: about 2.1mm

Steel: 22-layer Suminagashi cladding with a white #2 core (NOT STAINLESS)
Hrc: 62-63

Handle: Chacate Preto and stabilized beech

Price: 220 USD shipped SOLD

PayPal only please.

PayPal address: hazenbergknives@gmail.com

Please feel free to comment and ask questions if you have them.

Thanks for looking!

DSC_3410_zpsdnplpurc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Russ, I'm happy to be here!

I want to also just mention that due to my bad photography skills you can't see the details of the blade very well. For example you can't really see the exposed core on the front part of the blade.
The core is visible along the whole edge of the blade on both sides. I might try to take some better pictures to show that.

I also forgot to say that it is hand sanded to 400 grit, etched and the cleaned up with 1500 grit. It is convex ground to zero before final sharpening so it's nice and thin behind the edge. The balance point is 1 cm forward from the handle.

The knife is forged to final thickness with a gradual taper to the tip. It's normalized 3 times and quenched in water.

DSC_3452_zpsfyjhd3h2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And you want only $220 for this beauty ? Want a bargain for well made kitchen slicer! Very nice work here.

I will take this knife, Jelle. Paypal, right? How soon might you ship?

Thx , John Dunn in Boise, ID

Thanks John! It's yours. I will ship today if I can find the time, otherwise tomorrow. PayPal please.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!

Last edited:
Thanks John! It's yours. I will ship today if I can find the time, otherwise tomorrow. PayPal please.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!!

Check your Paypal account for payment.I'm very excited to receive the knife, Jelle.
Please let me know when it is on the way. Have any idea how long it takes to get here?
Thanks again, John

John Dunn
4115 W State St
Trlr 5
Boise, ID 83703-4463United States

Payment received John! Thank you very much. I'll will send it tomorrow morning. It normally takes between 2-3 weeks.

Finally have the knife in hand, Jelle. Absolutely gorgeous! Not to mention unique and very distinctive. I know I can rest assured that unless they buy it from you, no one else will have a knife like mine. And packed Well! I could live on Jupiter and I think it would have arrived safely (the package WAS beat to crap. ;') With all my address changes and forwarding, it was well worth the wait. Can't wait to put it on the stones (no new knife is ever sharp enough for me LOL) Gonna walk over to the produce stand and grab a huge box of veggies and put it to the REAL test. Thx again!

John

Back