820 sbt

I saw some of these on the Bay. I know nothing of these at all. How old are they? Were they good knives? Asking is $85, is that a fair price?

The seller has like 1K items sold, with perfect feedback, so I would think that they are real, not fakes.

Thanks for the input guys.

The 820 Ascent is a USA-made lockback folder on the economy side, probably 10 years old at this point. This is the smaller of the two sizes they came in, with a 2 3/4 inch blade of ATS-34 premium steel. (Maybe 154CM) Handles are light but tough Zytel. The price is OK for a knife in this bracket, but serrations on such a small blade don't offer a lot of useful edge. If it's NIB (or has the box) I would consider it.

Jkarp, would it be similar in size to a mini grip? I kind of agree with you, on the size/serration ratio kind of being small. In that, it seems a little steep to me, for the value.

Time and scarcity bring prices up, but still that's too expensive. In a PE blade it would be closer to what they're asking. And yes, it's close to the mini-grip in size and IMO its' the better knife.

Back