83mm Classic SD?

Does Victorinox make an 83mm version of the Classic SD? Same tool set, but a larger blade and scissors would be nice compared to the original 58mm version. I own both a Classic SD and an Alox Cadet (among a few other designs).

Did you mean to say 84mm? There is no 83mm line of Victorinox knives.

The answer is "no". Victorinox does not make an 84mm version of the Classic SD. Furthermore, Victorinox has not made any 84mm models with scissors for a long time.

But...

There is a 74mm equivalent to the Classic. It's called the Ambassador. It has scissors on one side, and a blade and nail file on the other side. It's exactly like a Classic, but bigger. The only difference is that the blade and the nail file pivot from opposite ends.

The scissors on the Ambassador are quite good, as you would expect. The Ambassador feels great in the hand. There's just one small problem. Victorinox stopped making 74mm models some time in late 2020 to early 2021. But you can still find them for sale pretty easily. For now.

Did you mean to say 84mm? There is no 83mm line of Victorinox knives.

The answer is "no". Victorinox does not make an 84mm version of the Classic SD. Furthermore, Victorinox has not made any 84mm models with scissors for a long time.

But...

There is a 74mm equivalent to the Classic. It's called the Ambassador. It has scissors on one side, and a blade and nail file on the other side. It's exactly like a Classic, but bigger. The only difference is that the blade and the nail file pivot from opposite ends.

The scissors on the Ambassador are quite good, as you would expect. The Ambassador feels great in the hand. There's just one small problem. Victorinox stopped making 74mm models some time in late 2020 to early 2021. But you can still find them for sale pretty easily. For now.
Thanks - Ambassador, I'll look that one up.
My mistake on the 83mm vs. 84mm size, I just measured the size of my Cadet with a tape measure and it looked closer to 83mm.
I really appreciate the info.
Cheers

Back