• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

940, Large and Mini Griptilian Scales Micarta and G10 CF, bunch of colors

I can make them out of whatever, just have to order material. Might be a couple bucks more than regular CF though. Message or email me if it's something you're interested in.

I can make them out of whatever, just have to order material. Might be a couple bucks more than regular CF though. Message or email me if it's something you're interested in.

Wish I had known this before ordering my G10's, I have always wanted isotropically pure platinum-190 scales... can you give me a quote? :D

Well, if you provide the material, I'll do it for the normal price... I'll just keep the scraps and retire. ;)

I haven't seen any of your micarta scales in the 940 shape. Is that material less than ideal for that shape or have you just not gotten to them yet? I'd love a set in dark brown canvas.

I have doubts about the strength of micarta that thin with out having steel behind the whole length. I just wouldn't want to sell some one something that I think could break.

Just received my mini grip g10 scales yesterday. Very nice!!! Easy to install and super nice. Thank you! I think I'm gonna have to get some more.

So for the 940/943, this design is really nice. I wonder what it would look like if the blue layer was purple to match the spacer. Or swap the blue with carbon fiber or silver twill.

Will you be at the Blade Show with these for sale? I really like the orange one and the blue/black one.

Sorry I don't respond to this thread often guys. I get kind of swamped with emails and pms... and actually making all the scales.

So for the 940/943, this design is really nice. I wonder what it would look like if the blue layer was purple to match the spacer. Or swap the blue with carbon fiber or silver twill.

All good ideas, but my scales come with barrel spacers, the stock backspacer is not reused, so there would be no matching purple. As I said before, I can make them out of whatever material. I even have silver twill laying around for 940s.

Will you be at the Blade Show with these for sale? I really like the orange one and the blue/black one.

Sorry, I'm just one guy who does this stuff on the weekend, Blade Show is a bit out of my league. Have to do everything over the internet if you want a set unless you happen to live in southeast PA.

I've made micarta and G10 scales for quiet a few blades....you, sir, put me to shame!! I'm seriously considering getting a grip just so I can order some of your scales for it. well done!! :thumbup:

Just received the OD Green Canvas Micarta scales today and they are sweet ! Perfect fit, went on like a glove.
They made my knife. Thanks !

Grip_zpsf74d5b81.jpg

Back