1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

940 Lockbar Sharp?

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by benchmadefreak, Jul 16, 2019.

1. benchmadefreak

benchmadefreak

Jul 10, 2019
    After using the 940 every day for about a month now, my thumb and index fingers have developed a circle,where I use the lock. I feel the lock bar is sharp? Anyone have any experience with this and does anyone have a solution?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    Ha, sorry but I find that rather funny. I find on some of my axis bars that they are sharper than others. I never noticed the issue on any of my 940's, but I find that one of my other BM's have a sharp edge on one of the sides, however I can't remember which knife it was.

3. hemi1300

hemi1300 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Have never had any issue with the axis lock thumbstud feeling sharp, and I own about a dozen benchmade axis lock knives. Have flipped open my 940 and 943 hundreds of times just for fun and has never bothered me

4. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    My 940 and 943 are older - before they started changing things (e.g. the Axis lock cutout). The lock bars are both smooth. However, one of my Spydies had a very sharp thumbhole that I ended up swiping a few times with high grit sandpaper so it wouldn't irritate my thumb when openning. You could also just send it in to BM.

5. MTB

MTB

Jun 23, 2019
    I just got a new 943 a few months ago and it had a sharp spot on the left side of the lock. It was noticeably sharper than the right side and the locks on both my mini grip/standard grip. As it stands I have no problem with it but if it were any sharper I’d take it down with some fine sand paper or a diamond file.