940 Lockbar Sharp?

After using the 940 every day for about a month now, my thumb and index fingers have developed a circle,where I use the lock. I feel the lock bar is sharp? Anyone have any experience with this and does anyone have a solution?

Last edited:
After using the 940 every day for about a month now, my thumb and index fingers have developed a circle, (pictured below) where I use the lock. I feel the lock bar is sharp? Anyone have any experience with this?

thumb.jpg
index.jpg
Ha, sorry but I find that rather funny. I find on some of my axis bars that they are sharper than others. I never noticed the issue on any of my 940's, but I find that one of my other BM's have a sharp edge on one of the sides, however I can't remember which knife it was.

Have never had any issue with the axis lock thumbstud feeling sharp, and I own about a dozen benchmade axis lock knives. Have flipped open my 940 and 943 hundreds of times just for fun and has never bothered me

My 940 and 943 are older - before they started changing things (e.g. the Axis lock cutout). The lock bars are both smooth. However, one of my Spydies had a very sharp thumbhole that I ended up swiping a few times with high grit sandpaper so it wouldn't irritate my thumb when openning. You could also just send it in to BM.

I just got a new 943 a few months ago and it had a sharp spot on the left side of the lock. It was noticeably sharper than the right side and the locks on both my mini grip/standard grip. As it stands I have no problem with it but if it were any sharper I’d take it down with some fine sand paper or a diamond file.

Back