A beautiful sheath for the gorgeous Forester

Twindog

Gold Member
The Forester is an awesome knife, with a tip heavy design and sumptuous, flowing curves. The forward weight in a 9+ inch blade makes it chop like a young Paul Bunyan. Jerry Hossom did the design, and Spyderco executed that design perfectly with its now discontinued production model.

2v2HkBQoWxAWtWs.jpg

Except it came with a crappy sheath. It looks bad and doesn't even retain the knife well. The belt option is just as awful.

When I got a secondhand knife off the exchange, I was amazed at how good the knife was, but I couldn't bring myself to carry it in that sheath.

2v2HkBZdWxAWtWs.jpg

So I contacted Mike Looper, whose work I found in the sheath makers subforum. What a difference. It carries a lot better, especially with the dangler option and a leg tie down. The top of the handle rides at my waist, like it should, rather than being jammed up under my arm pit, which is how it carries with the production sheath. This is the sheath this knife always deserved.
2v2HkBZM5xAWtWs.jpg

2v2HkBZ5nxAWtWs.jpg

I had not seen that
The Forester is an awesome knife, with a tip heavy design and sumptuous, flowing curves. The forward weight in a 9+ inch blade makes it chop like a young Paul Bunyan. Jerry Hossom did the design, and Spyderco executed that design perfectly with its now discontinued production model.

2v2HkBQoWxAWtWs.jpg

Except it came with a crappy sheath. It looks bad and doesn't even retain the knife well. The belt option is just as awful.

When I got a secondhand knife off the exchange, I was amazed at how good the knife was, but I couldn't bring myself to carry it in that sheath.

2v2HkBZdWxAWtWs.jpg

So I contacted Mike Looper, whose work I found in the sheath makers subforum. What a difference. It carries a lot better, especially with the dangler option and a leg tie down. The top of the handle rides at my waist, like it should, rather than being jammed up under my arm pit, which is how it carries with the production sheath. This is the sheath this knife always deserved.
2v2HkBZM5xAWtWs.jpg

2v2HkBZ5nxAWtWs.jpg
I haven't seen that model before. When the package arrived I was blown away. Never seen a Spyderco that big. The sheath was a pleasure to build and thank you for sending me the blade for a pattern

Back