A big sheath in the works...

SolarStorm50

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have a customer that had me make two CuMai tantos for him and his son to do some hiking. Now I am making them leather backpacks that will have an integrated sheath in the shoulder strap. here is the work so far. Largest leather project I have undertaken
rs=w:1280

These are the knives that will eventually fit
rs=w:480,cg:true,m

I have a customer that had me make two CuMai tantos for him and his son to do some hiking. Now I am making them leather backpacks that will have an integrated sheath in the shoulder strap. here is the work so far. Largest leather project I have undertaken
rs=w:1280

These are the knives that will eventually fit
rs=w:480,cg:true,m

Very nice work!

Looking really really great!

The finished Product:
This backpack is 100% 5oz Alberta veg tanned leather. The main compartment measures 17" x 11.5" x 5.5" giving you ample room. The beauty of this pack is that if you need more room, the roll top expands for an additional 6" of space. There is a large quick access front pocket, flanked by two smaller pockets for quick access. There is a larger side pocket and water bottle carrier on the other side. The roll top unsnaps for easy access or button it up for extra capacity

The straps are 3 layers of folded leather to create a very comfortable cushion on your shoulders.

The pack is large enough for an entire weekend and will fit almost all laptops.
rs=w:740,cg:true,m

The finished Product:
This backpack is 100% 5oz Alberta veg tanned leather. The main compartment measures 17" x 11.5" x 5.5" giving you ample room. The beauty of this pack is that if you need more room, the roll top expands for an additional 6" of space. There is a large quick access front pocket, flanked by two smaller pockets for quick access. There is a larger side pocket and water bottle carrier on the other side. The roll top unsnaps for easy access or button it up for extra capacity

The straps are 3 layers of folded leather to create a very comfortable cushion on your shoulders.

The pack is large enough for an entire weekend and will fit almost all laptops.

Beautiful job...

Nice, But I have a couple of question. One, how much does it weigh? Two, where is the picture of the shoulder strap with integrated knife sheath?

O.B.

Nice, But I have a couple of question. One, how much does it weigh? Two, where is the picture of the shoulder strap with integrated knife sheath?

O.B.
Thanks, total weight is 3 lbs, 1 oz,

I have to make one one more and then the sheaths that will strap to the shoulder straps under the arm like my scout carry sheaths. (this is taking longer than I thought, but I am pleased with the overall product)

Looks great!!!

Back