A bit of fishing today

NWA

My son and I went out to Lk. St.Clair today and he out fished me again. Here is his largest smallie of the day.
CAFBSIL7.jpg

It measured 21" and weighed 5lbs. To say I am proud is a total understatement:D To be honest I have never even caught one this nice:eek: Too bad it is catch and release season. I would have kept this bad boy and had it stuffed:thumbup: I think I will have a replica made though.

Thanks for lookin
Nick:)

Here is one from yesterday.
smallie2.jpg

and another.

smallie.jpg

More.

sm3.jpg

sm1.jpg

That last one, is one, of about 10 I caught. It weighed in at 3lbs.

Nick:)

Well you both out fished me..yesterday went salmon fishing on the Rogue River and came home empty and today it rained all morning...

Whoa:eek: That is a huge Smallie bro:thumbup:

I'ld be mighty proud of him also:thumbup:

You have to post these pics in the Fishing pics sticky thread at the WSS forum bro!

A 5lb Smalley is 1 in a 100 over my way! Great job:thumbup:

Nice looking bass. Looks like you need to get the bass-o-matic.....Um, that is some delicious bass!

When catch-and-release season is over, do you know where he can get a good filet knife?:rolleyes: I believe he will need one.:D

Both of you guys out did me as well.... I tried to go fishing saturday, get all packed a ready and Team called want to play a make up game...son's Soccer team....o-well season almost done ....then fishing we go !

Man that top fish is a whopper, too bad you guys couldn't have kept it :eek:

Thanks guys:thumbup: I was just looking through the MI. DNR website and this fish qualifies for Master Angler award. So I am gonna fill out the paperwork and send it in. I also found that a reproduction mount will be quite expensive............ but ya only live once:D I think...........

I have been looking at this fish all morning:)

Nick

Wow , looks like a great time was had ....Something your son will remember forever .. Great pictures !

Whoa:eek: I heard you all had some big smallmouth up there...congrats to your son on the great catch:thumbup:

BTW- don't give up Nick, you still have a slight chance of catching one that big in your lifetime:p
Just kiddin with ya, as I'm sure you would have rather your son have got that monster instead of you. I know your very proud of him for that one:thumbup:

There are many in the Armuchee creek that comes by the house. Fished this creek my hole life and have never caught a smallmouth over 3lb though. I mainly fish for the much smaller red eye bass with an UL. Small, but we have alot and the little things fight like a trout and have to be fished for in a similar manner.

c-mon Dave you ain't going fishing. Your canoe leaks. Get back to work. :p

No work these days thanks to a tough economy....:(
Did get out fishing though with the step-son.
Managed to put a few dozen into the freezer and some more into the
smoker for the cold winter months...:)

Waiting for ice-fishing season now.:thumbup:

Cheers

Back