A BK62 on the way for me

tphill

Basic Member
Hello all. I have a BK62 on the way, should be here tomorrow! I'm excited about this one. I have a couple of BK2's, one older unmodified, and one newer with stripped blade and micarta handles. I haven't used them very much, favoring a smaller blade. I'm hoping the BK62 will become that blade. I'll post pics when received.

Hello all. I have a BK62 on the way, should be here tomorrow! I'm excited about this one. I have a couple of BK2's, one older unmodified, and one newer with stripped blade and micarta handles. I haven't used them very much, favoring a smaller blade. I'm hoping the BK62 will become that blade. I'll post pics when received.
Congrats, and welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. The 62 is a hell of a blade, you're gonna love it. :thumbsup:

You got in not only on a great knife in the BK62 but a piece of history that goes along with it ... Congrats.

Yea, I think I'm gonna like this one.

2ubIA84.jpg
2ubIA84.jpg

qr5jUJH.jpg

Hey all, I'm thinking of maybe replacing the screws and nuts with brass. What size should I be looking for? Thanks.

This may be the next fixed blade I get. Love the history that surrounds it. Especially since I learned that Horace Kephart was born in my neck of the woods!

It feels good in the hand. It's a bit larger blade than I've been using lately, but I think I'll get used to it. Just have to 'make it mine' with new hardware and possibly liners. The history does help.

Hey all, I'm thinking of maybe replacing the screws and nuts with brass. What size should I be looking for? Thanks.

Ok.....The store I used was Lee Valley. It's one of my favorite stores, their catalogs are Amazing!!!
They are great for Everything woodworking, gardening, cooking, and More.....

Brass CT'SK waskers product# 01K7002
Brass FH Screw product # 44Z0402
* If you are paying all that shipping from Canada, buy the SS Pickle grabber......it's an awesome tool. Product number EV112

Brass nuts from Amazon product# 842176128184

Back