A Christmas gift for man's best friend..

http://www.thedogisland.com/index.html

Over 2,500 dogs are already enjoying a better life at Dog Island. Separated from the anxieties of urban life, dogs on Dog Island are healthy dogs who live a natural, healthy and happy life, free from the stress and hardship associated with daily live among humans.

They live with almost limitless space, and tens of thousands of rabbits, rodents, fish and other natural prey. Surrounded by thousands of other dogs, this is the only place for them to be truly social and create healthy families.

Dogs at Dog Island have another chance.

FoxholeAtheist said:
Dogs at Dog Island have another chance.
Tens of thousands of rabbits, rodents, fish and other natural prey don't! :p

Merry Christmas to you, too, 'Atheist! :D

I've heard of that place. The wife and I found it while looking at dogs on the internet one night.

It sounds like a good idea. Of course, there is no guaranty that the dog you drop off will be accepted by the pack; if I remember correctly, there have been reports of the occaisonal doggie homicide where the dogs already residing on the islad killed the newcomer immediately :(

Here it is:

"My dog is very high strung and often gets into fights with other dogs. I can control this now, but what happens when fights break out on the island?

Fights break out occassionally, but this is not a real issue, because eventually, the dogs learn to get along. Every now and then some dogs gang up and kill and then eat another dog, but this is just natural, and it's okay for it to happen now and then, but normally this is not the case."

...Killed and eaten. Eeeewww.

http://www.thedogisland.com/FAQ.html

Isn’t that like sending convicts to Australia? If you poop on the rug one more time, it’s off to Dog Island!

I wouldn't mind going there just to play with the dogs.

BTW, IMO, I think it's a VERY bad idea. Whoever came up with this doesn't understand how much MANY breeds absolutely need human interaction.

edited to add: is it actually a joke website? Certain parts of the site has me seeing some red flags.

Esav Benyamin said:
But they don't have beer on Dog Island!
The dogs will learn to make their own beer from rabbit squeezings. They can call it Bunny Beer, and even export it! I’m sure it will taste better than Foster’s. :)

Back