A couple of neat LED flashlights

I just got a Streamlight Batonlite. And a while back a Brinkmann 'Long Life LED Light'.

<center>
batlit01.jpg
</center>

The Batonlite doubles as a kubotan. Or the other way around depending on your point of view. It is powered by 3 N cells, has 3 white LED's and uses a push button/twist switching mechanism like the Sure Fire flashlights. The twist portion is too loose for my tastes. I imagine it can work it's way loose spilling your batteries and possibly losing the main part of the light.

It is very bright for an LED. I don't have a Lightwave to compare it too. But I think it's about the same as three Photon II's together. Maybe a little brighter. I'm still on the first set of batteries so I can't verify the advertised 12 hour runtime. I'm not keeping track either. Too much fun to play around with.

I ordered it from Brightguy for $29.95 plus shipping.

<hr>
<center><A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/flashlightpictures/hr_bled2.jpg" TARGET=_blank>(click)
lr_bled2.jpg
</A>
(Pictured next to a 2AA Mini-Maglite.)</center>

The Brinkmann uses a single LED driven by a circuit and shown through a lens. It gives a very clean, focused beam. The rest of the light turns into a 'target' pattern. It projects farther than most LED lights. About as far as a PAL Light. And has a better looking beam than the PAL Light

The 2AA lasts a good while. I haven't tracked runtime. I estimate 10-12 hours.

I got it from Wal Mart for $11 and change.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

[This message has been edited by David Williams (edited 01-24-2001).]

Dave, I have the Baton Light also and found that a few turns of teflon tape, the kind used in plumbing for threaded pipes, snugs up this looseness of the tail cap just right. And since it is teflon, it maintains the smoothness of turning the tailcap in for constant on mode, but is more snug than it ships from the factory, which BTW if found too loose for my taste as well.

Regards,
Ed

Thanks for the tip on the Baton Light. Looks cool. I just sent for one myself. I think it will replace my Streamlight Stylus.

<A HREF="http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000169.html">Great thread here</A>.

I just got my Batonlight. It's pretty nice, and I'm now torn between carrying it or my ASP Key Defender (a pepper spray in the same shape) on my keychain.

The teflon tape is a great idea, edwood. I was going to put some blue Loctite on the threads and sacrifice the constant on feature, but this is much better.

I just got two and they rock! Great for when I check on the patients in the psych ward.

------------------
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child.", King Lear, Act I, Scene 4.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by paranoid9999:
I just got two and they rock! Great for when I check on the patients in the psych ward.

</font>

Hey! Get that light out my eyes yees yese eye!s

Would there be any problem with taking the Batonlite onto a commercial airplane? It does look more like a weapon than a AA Maglite.

Axel

Axel, if they ask, tell them it's a flashlight! Because it is. Just don't let them see you jamming it up against some baggage-handler's throat, and they won't get suspicious.

Back