A couple pictures for your enjoyment

Red cherry shrimp (freshwater) in my 20 gallon tank

IMGP0040.jpg

My boy playing Pirate Captain:
IMGP0093.jpg

IMGP0094.jpg

That is a real practice epee he is holding (his Christmas present from me), the Tricorn he is wearing is leather with a dyed ostrich plume his mom and I purchased at a renesance (sp?) fair, the coat was made from a ladies dress that my wife bought at goodwill and modified to be a pirate coat. His hook is made from a dixie cup, electrical tape and a plastic hook a store would use to hang a plush toy from.

Dave

Red cherry shrimp (freshwater) in my 20 gallon tank

IMGP0094.jpg

That is a real practice epee he is holding (his Christmas present from me), the Tricorn he is wearing is leather with a dyed ostrich plume his mom and I purchased at a renesance (sp?) fair, the coat was made from a ladies dress that my wife bought at goodwill and modified to be a pirate coat. His hook is made from a dixie cup, electrical tape and a plastic hook a store would use to hang a plush toy from.

Dave

What made this pirate picture perfect is the bottle of rum in the back ground. :D

Those shrimp good eatin'?

Red Cherry Shrimp are good tank cleaners; they eat un-eaten fish food, algae, snail eggs and other things. The adult shrimp are a little over an inch long.... so probably not very good eating:p

The pet store sells them for $4.00-$5.00 each, I got mine for a little over $1.00 each and they have started to reproduce... I plan on selling to pet store for $2.00 each. :)

Dave

Nice cherrry shrimp Dave. I had a few in a 10 gal planted tank a while back. They sort of disappeared one day. After a while, the tank had pretty much failed and I was dismantling it. I opened my filter and there were my shrimp. They had been living in my filter happily for 6 months.

Right now I have a 29 gal planted tank - all java fern. I have it stocked w/ 2 bolivian rams, 3 reticulated cories, and 7 neon tetras.

Nice cherrry shrimp Dave. I had a few in a 10 gal planted tank a while back. They sort of disappeared one day. After a while, the tank had pretty much failed and I was dismantling it. I opened my filter and there were my shrimp. They had been living in my filter happily for 6 months.

Right now I have a 29 gal planted tank - all java fern. I have it stocked w/ 2 bolivian rams, 3 reticulated cories, and 7 neon tetras.

Mine are in a 20 gallon planted tank (Water wistera, arrow plant, peacock fern, java moss, Vallisneria gigantica, and a moss I saw at the local pet store but none of us have a clue what it is), with guppies and neon tetras. It has an undergravel filter.

To keep shrimp, fish fry and other big stuff out of your off the back filters I take a ladies nylon stocking and put it on the intake tube held in place with a rubber band (I cut the excess stocking off and use as replacement material when I have to clean the one on the filter). I really want to find some "Cardinal" shrimp and start raising them as they are colorful and right now very expensive ($25.00 each if you can find them).

Dave

Back