a couple questions for for Daniel.

I have a couple small projects. I am just a me thinking about at stage, but that I ask in case others have the same idea.

First I have a small fixed blade by another custom maker that came with a poorly made sheath I was wondering if you make mulled it sheaths for other knives if you send them in.

Second I have a k series knife but I managed to scrape up a little bit I don't want you to refinished. I could probably do that myself with some fine grit sandpaper. if it is possible to do a blade coating like the copper blade coating. after the blade has been a fixed to the handle.

I do make kydex sheaths for just about any knife.

the coating process requires heating the blade up to 400F...unfortunately, the handle wouldn't survive it. There are some things you can do to help keep a user finish. One would be to bead-blast the blade, then rub it down with a scotchbrite pad. Another would be to etch it carefully in Ferric Chloride, neutralize it and lightly polish. Neither of these would prevent rust, but would make for a good user finish. I highly recommend the first method.

I will gladly do it for free on any of my knives - just send it in and cover return shipment.

Thanks!

Dan

Back